Floridian seriously hurt in Indonesia chasing monkey who stole his hat

Believe it or not, there is a whole other world outside of Cambodia and South East Asia, be it people or politics, frustrations or football, this is the place to talk about it.

Re: Floridian seriously hurt in Indonesia chasing monkey who stole his hat

Postby Miguelito » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:44 am

The Royal Palace have a bunch of monkeys living in the trees. I wonder if the few other green areas do as well, such as the French and Russian embassies.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:12 am

I haven’t seen a monkey in PP for ages. Used to be a frequent sight.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby tombraider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 am

Miguelito wrote:The Royal Palace have a bunch of monkeys living in the trees. I wonder if the few other green areas do as well, such as the French and Russian embassies.

I have friends near Psar Kabko (st 9) who had a troupe living there, also a bunch around the trees of the British Ambassadors Residence on 240 (mangy looking critters). They used to hang around the buildings on riverside as far as 144 but I'm unsure if these were the ones around 110/Psar Chas ones going for a wander or not.

I would imagine where there is greenery and enough tourists you'lll find them but the French probably ate the ones near their embassy and the Russians no doubt married theirs. :thumbsup:

I was up in SR at the Temples last month watching a bunch of Americans playing with a troupe, I personally steer clear of the rabid mangy fuckers (and the monkeys). One of them had one jump up and grab his water bottle he went to offer to help it open the cap and it hissed at him and tried to bite his face....soon ended the fun and very funny to watch from afar :-)
tombraider
I've got internet at work

Postby Miguelito » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 am

tombraider wrote:
Miguelito wrote:The Royal Palace have a bunch of monkeys living in the trees. I wonder if the few other green areas do as well, such as the French and Russian embassies.

I have friends near Psar Kabko (st 9) who had a troupe living there, also a bunch around the trees of the British Ambassadors Residence on 240 (mangy looking critters). They used to hang around the buildings on riverside as far as 144 but I'm unsure if these were the ones around 110/Psar Chas ones going for a wander or not.

I would imagine where there is greenery and enough tourists you'lll find them but the French probably ate the ones near their embassy and the Russians no doubt married theirs. :thumbsup:

I was up in SR at the Temples last month watching a bunch of Americans playing with a troupe, I personally steer clear of the rabid mangy fuckers (and the monkeys). One of them had one jump up and grab his water bottle he went to offer to help it open the cap and it hissed at him and tried to bite his face....soon ended the fun and very funny to watch from afar :-)

Troupe (or troop) of monkeys is a good collective noun, but there is also tribe, barrel, carload and cartload which are proper for monkeys. I wonder if here we could use "a tuktuk load of monkeys", or maybe "a shack full of monkeys".
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby maven » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:34 pm

No, the collective noun for Cambodia is a forum of monkeys.
Trump is a genius!
maven
I've got internet at work

Previous

Return to 'Not' Cambodia