Page 6 of 7

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm
by violet
Playboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:57 pm
violet wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 pm
Playboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:05 pm
Stokely wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 pm
Personally I don't see what the fuss is about these new vegan burgers, just as long as the vegans were killed humanely.....
Personally, I am waiting for vegan veal and vegan foie gras to hit the menus 👍
Your beer tab is cancelled.
Too late, it has already been running up ...
that batshit dude banned me from being there in December. I take that to mean he will cover your tab.

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm
by Playboy
violet wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Playboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:57 pm
violet wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 pm
Playboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:05 pm
Stokely wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 pm
Personally I don't see what the fuss is about these new vegan burgers, just as long as the vegans were killed humanely.....
Personally, I am waiting for vegan veal and vegan foie gras to hit the menus 👍
Your beer tab is cancelled.
Too late, it has already been running up ...
that batshit dude banned me from being there in December. I take that to mean he will cover your tab.
Damn, I am probably already over the limit of what he can afford 🤔

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:55 pm
by Miguelito
My beer tab escalated quickly last night...


Image

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:36 pm
by scoffer
Miguelito wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:55 pm
My beer tab escalated quickly last night...


Image

You call that a beer tab ?
I don't, That's just the first round of drinks.

Just taking the piss out of you since it's been a long time since you pulled an "All Nighter "

A proper beer tab is when you arrive home 36 hrs after popping out for a few drinks with your mates.
You don't know where you have been.
What you drunk.
Who you drunk with.
How many there were.
Or what sex they identified with.

All you know is you got home safely and need to sleep for 24 hrs because your head hurt's and the Aspirin don't work.

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:59 pm
by logos
All you know is you got home safely and need to sleep for 24 hrs because your head hurt's and the Aspirin don't work.
and what's left of your poor spelling is gone

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:19 pm
by scoffer
logos wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:59 pm
All you know is you got home safely and need to sleep for 24 hrs because your head hurt's and the Aspirin don't work.
and what's left of your poor spelling is gone
Correct,
My spellings sucks and my typing is even worse which leads to the occasional misunderstanding,
However that's been the case for the past 15 years on this site.
So your point of interest is what ?.
Care to elaborate ?

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:03 pm
by logos
No elaboration necessary since you just put it way more eloquently than I could ever have hoped to achieve
:prey: :bravo:

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:52 pm
by pedros

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:19 pm
by Playboy
Vegan Pancake anyone ??

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:56 pm
by springrain
Sonic1 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:26 am
The Seventh-day Adventists in Loma Linda, California (USA): The Seventh-day Adventists are a very religious group of people. They’re strict vegetarians and live in tight-knit communities.
I was brought up an SDA, albeit not in California.

I can assure you that vegetarianism is, indeed, encouraged, but SDAs are not 'strict' vegetarians.

Moreover, the communities are not quite so 'tight-knit'. In fact, it is considered a duty of SDAs to 'spread the word' so they engage in some quiet (definitely not evangelical) proselytising. SDAs are not Amish.

The non-eating of meat is taught as something preferable, indeed, desirable; but it is not an article of faith. Pork is, however, forbidden according to the books of: Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, I Timothy, Acts, Romans & Mark.

I am not a practising SDA now. I regard religion with distrust; but I do respect their ethical & moral codes.

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:16 pm
by ReasonstobefearfulP3
Miguelito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:28 pm
Here was an excellent vegan burger I had, from Impossible Meat:

It hard the grilled texture on the outside, and moist and almost bleeding on the inside. No wonder this company is values at a $1 Billion.
Not sure all vegans would agree with you there, controversial as it was tested on animals

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:21 pm
by Miguelito
scoffer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:36 pm
Miguelito wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:55 pm
My beer tab escalated quickly last night...


Image

You call that a beer tab ?
I don't, That's just the first round of drinks.

Just taking the piss out of you since it's been a long time since you pulled an "All Nighter "

A proper beer tab is when you arrive home 36 hrs after popping out for a few drinks with your mates.
You don't know where you have been.
What you drunk.
Who you drunk with.
How many there were.
Or what sex they identified with.

All you know is you got home safely and need to sleep for 24 hrs because your head hurt's and the Aspirin don't work.
I thought 38 Hoegaardens was respectable for a Monday night.

I believe the style of bender that you’re describing is called Zapoy in Russian. A several day drinking and wandering session.

“Where’s Miguelito?”
“Oh, he’s been on a Zapoy for a few days. Hopefully he’ll be back tomorrow”

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:22 pm
by Miguelito
ReasonstobefearfulP3 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:16 pm
Miguelito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:28 pm
Here was an excellent vegan burger I had, from Impossible Meat:

It hard the grilled texture on the outside, and moist and almost bleeding on the inside. No wonder this company is values at a $1 Billion.
Not sure all vegans would agree with you there, controversial as it was tested on animals
Fuck all vegans. Some boycott avocados because they’re pollinated by bees.

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:58 am
by Stokely
Miguelito wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:22 pm
Fuck all vegans. Some boycott avocados because they’re pollinated by bees.
Hey, what´s the difference between an Australian, an American, and a avocado?

Answer: The avocado is not racist.

Re: The EU and those mad vegans square off

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:07 pm
by Sonic1
springrain wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:56 pm
Sonic1 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:26 am
The Seventh-day Adventists in Loma Linda, California (USA): The Seventh-day Adventists are a very religious group of people. They’re strict vegetarians and live in tight-knit communities.
I was brought up an SDA, albeit not in California.

I can assure you that vegetarianism is, indeed, encouraged, but SDAs are not 'strict' vegetarians.

Moreover, the communities are not quite so 'tight-knit'. In fact, it is considered a duty of SDAs to 'spread the word' so they engage in some quiet (definitely not evangelical) proselytising. SDAs are not Amish.

The non-eating of meat is taught as something preferable, indeed, desirable; but it is not an article of faith. Pork is, however, forbidden according to the books of: Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, I Timothy, Acts, Romans & Mark.

I am not a practising SDA now. I regard religion with distrust; but I do respect their ethical & moral codes.
Take it up with the author who spent some time in Loma Linda. https://www.bluezones.com/books/