Best hot sauce in PP

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

Best hot sauce in PP

Postby ReasonstobefearfulP3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Anyone I have any preference on a hot sauce that is freely available in Phnom Penh. I find myself always buying Tabasco habanero and/or the imported Sriracha (i find the local stuff a little too sweet).

I don't need anything majorly spicy, anywhere in between Louisiana to the hot tabasco. Would quite like to get my hands on some cholula if possible
ReasonstobefearfulP3
I live above an internet cafe

Re: Best hot sauce in PP

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:10 am

There's a nice locally produced hot sauce, I think it's called Battamburn or something like that
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby Spigzy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 am

Thai Huot has a couple of Mexican hot sauces that work well - red & green versions of this:

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy

Postby pedros » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 am

Last edited by pedros on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Miguelito » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:38 am

Dos Besos has a great collection on offer, and he told me he got them from Super Duper.

So I went to Super Duper and loaded up on El Yucateco, which is one I would also buy if I were in Mexico. They have the salsa picante de chile habanero (both green and red), as well as the salsa kutbil-ik de chile habanero (extra hot), chipotle and jalapeño.

I don't think they have cholula, but they do have Tapatío.

I agree with you on the Siracha, and prefer the U.S. stuff over the local stuff.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby LoneStar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:19 pm

El Yucateco at Super Duper? That stuff is awesome.
LoneStar
I do not pay my bills

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 pm

LoneStar wrote:El Yucateco at Super Duper? That stuff is awesome.

I didn't even know what that was but I just checked and it seems I have 3 flavors of El Yucateco Chile Habanero in the kitchen. Hot green, hot red and XXXtra hot. My kid likes the spicy food. About a year back he bought a tube of wasabi paste and proceeded to squirt it down his throat. He was in the kitchen doing a "food challenge" with his pals but I heard a commotion and next thing he was choking and puking and all that palaver. I like spicy food too but more on the Indian scale.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby sociopath » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 am

thanks for these recommendations. come to think of it i havent had any hot sauce for quite a while
no replying to those who misinterpret/misread what i write. this aint kindergarten
sociopath
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby ReasonstobefearfulP3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:03 am

Thanks guys, sounds like I will check out Super Duper then. Don't think I've ever had El Yucateco but will give it a go.

Would also like to get some Nando's hot/extra hot but I think that is probably a bit of a stretch.
ReasonstobefearfulP3
I live above an internet cafe

Postby vladimir » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 am

You could make your own, check out Youtube..hot sauce recipes

Peri-peri sauce, yum.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby Miguelito » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:03 am

ReasonstobefearfulP3 wrote:Thanks guys, sounds like I will check out Super Duper then. Don't think I've ever had El Yucateco but will give it a go.

Would also like to get some Nando's hot/extra hot but I think that is probably a bit of a stretch.

I'm a big fan of Nando's sauce myself, and could put it on almost anything. I have a few bottles at home that I picked up in Bangkok, but I do believe that I saw a small bottle on the shelf at Super Duper as well. However, I've cut back my use of Nando's as I realized that it's made up of predominately vegetable oil, and I don't need to be consuming 50 ml of vegetable oil with every meal :lol:
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Return to Lifestyle