Cambodia Visas

A heavily-moderated forum containing essential information on various aspects of Cambodia. Only moderators can create threads, but all users can post. Questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers forum.

Re: Cambodia Visas

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Yep, rules have changed significantly. Great initiative by the DoI to get rid of all the latte sipping hipster digital nomads and bottom feeders :thumbsup:
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby russianspy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:37 am

Thanks for the replies . So it seems that its a grey area of the unknown. Also I guess it would be impossible for them to actually find out one of these digital nomads was holidaying or working within the country.

Maybe I will contact the consulate here in Australia and see if they have any clue as to what class you fall under. I guess since working for ones self that they can register a business as well there if required.

Also a tuff one if your traveling about seeing the country with a little bit of work in-between.

Cheers

RS
russianspy
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:06 am

If you want a WP/visa as a digital nomad then accept to pay tax on your income here. Can’t have it both ways.
My grief councilor recently died.
Because she did such a good job I didn’t give a shit.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby Miguelito » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am

russianspy wrote:Also a tuff one if your traveling about seeing the country with a little bit of work in-between.

That's not really a tough one, because no country in the world will care if you do some work online on your holiday -- most travelers are checking work emails, etc.

What you're really asking is that you'd like to live here for a year. You can't do that in the U.S. if you're not an American, can't do it in Europe, and actually can only do it in a few places in the world. Cambodia has always drawn a number of people here because of the easy visa situation, which is still very easy. I'm sympathetic that you want to be here for a year (or more), and make a living online, and it would certainly be nice and convenient if that's possible. But it's not a tricky situation to see that if you are here on a 30 day, 3 month, or 6 month permit, and work online, you're fine.

If you want to be here, then come and get the 6 month extension of stay on the 30 day visa as mentioned. You can then do visa runs after that, decide to register a company, or any of the many other options.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby russianspy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Thanks for the replies .

Its not that I need to the make a living online whilst there . Its more that to relieve the boredom during rest time between bike riding trips there would be the opportunity to work. I don't really understand what a " Visa Run" is ? if it is as simple as leaving the country and re application before enter that works in perfectly with one of the rides I want to do into Vietnam. I guess its just a matter of pre planning and organising the dates correctly. I think a year is sufficient to cover what I want to do and actually have a holiday for the first time in six years .

Regarding the Tax would anybody know if there is a interlinking payment option much like the UK has with Australia where you can pay you tax in Cambodia and it is also classified in Australia. Here there are limits lol but basically all internationals don't really pay any tax whilst here apart from the GST and PAY tax. Also is there any information on tax brackets etc in Cambodia ?

Thanks Again

RS
russianspy
440 newbie - handle with care

Previous

Return to Essential Information