Russian shot in front of house: motive unknown

News articles related to Cambodia can be posted here, but remember to link back to the original source.

Postby porky pig » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45 pm

http://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/57943.html

Byline: Bopha Koh

Wednesday, 27 November, 2012, 12:35 H

another photo here: http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... 30-38.html

Phnom Penh : A Russian man was shot in front of his house by a gunman while opening his car door for some Russian compatriots who had been travelling with him. The Russian had just arrived home in his car when he was shot in the left forearm by a bullet that pierced through his forearm and lodged into his right thigh. The incident occurred just past midnight, at 12:15am on the morning of the 26th of November, 2012, in front of House 2, Street 830 (by the You Khin House), Tonle Bassac Commune, Chamcormon District.

The victim has been identified as ‘KOSTENKO KONSTANTIN,’ a 42 year old Russian national, who had entered Cambodia on a tourist visa and had taken residence in a rented house in front of which the above mention incident occurred. He had been driving an off white color Toyota Highlander with a temporary license number (pasted on its rear window). The Highlander had 3 female Russian passengers aboard and was bespattered with mud when he arrived home and got out of his car. There he was suddenly confronted by 6 people mounted on 2 motos (one a 125cc Honda Dream, the other unidentified), one of whom pulled out a gun and fired a shot that hit the Russian man in the forearm and thigh, before all fled the scene.

After the shooting, 3 female passengers transported the victim to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital. Regarding the motive for the shooting, some have speculated it to be an attempted car-jacking, while others have seen it as a case of revenge.

A gunman firing on a foreigner for reasons apart from armed robbery is extremely uncommon in Cambodia. In this case, apparently, the shooting party fled the scene after thinking they had killed their fallen victim, which has led to off the record speculation that the shooting was targeted.
porky pig
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Re: Russian shot in front of house: motive unknown

Postby keeping_it_riel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Car jacking my arse.

The Russian has obviously upset someone.

Does anybody remember that Finn from the awful band 'Bum N Draze' who started playing around with a Khmer guy's girlfriend. Well. he woke up one morning to find that his Mercedes had rather a lot of bullet holes in it.
the semi official 440 Twitter site

''I can still remember when your city smelled exciting. I still get a whiff of that aroma now and then.''
keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby Uncle Monty » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Or a case of Russian shooting Russian?
Dictated to a slave and sent by carrier pigeon.
Uncle Monty
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 am

Uncle Monty wrote:Or a case of Russian shooting Russian?

That was what I presumed.....
Romantic Cambodia's dead and gone,
It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
The Internet is my Only Friend

Postby OrangeDragon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:39 am

Someone was pissed about the lineup changes in OneTv.
http://www.webivation.net
bikkhu wrote:are paid by the CPP to write this stuff ?
OrangeDragon
Clinically Addicted to 440

Postby Felgerkarb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 am

Motive well known.
====================
Why are the gods such vicious cunts?
Where is the god of tits and wine?
Felgerkarb
Sir Felgerkarb, Kt Pb

Location: Castle Felgerkarb, Felgerkarbia (Formerly Preah Vihear)

Postby Gilmore » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 am

The motive was mentioned in the PPP version of the incident yesterday. According to police, the Russian 'brushed' the bikes on his way home from a night club at 1.30 am. They followed him to his house and shot him. Posters on the other thread boasting of kicking Khmers' bikes take note.
Gilmore
I live above an internet cafe

Postby vladimir » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 am

No mention of a ricochet...

Things are changing.
Blah
vladimir
Fluffy Bunny

Postby keeping_it_riel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am

Gilmore wrote:The motive was mentioned in the PPP version of the incident yesterday. According to police, the Russian 'brushed' the bikes on his way home from a night club at 1.30 am. They followed him to his house and shot him. Posters on the other thread boasting of kicking Khmers' bikes take note.

And the lesson to be learned is this: next time you brush some little fucker's bike at 1.30am, make sure you knock the c*nt and all his friends off their bikes. And then reverse over them.

''I can still remember when your city smelled exciting. I still get a whiff of that aroma now and then.''
keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby keeping_it_riel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am

Having said that, the Russians were probably shit-faced drunk and we all know how Russians drive at 1.30am.

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23750

keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby Sad F. » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 am

Do you think that everybody being probably shit faced drunk deserve a bullet?
Or may be every Russian?
Or...
Sad F.
I've got nothing better to do

Postby keeping_it_riel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 am

Sad F. wrote:Do you think that everybody being probably shit faced drunk deserve a bullet?
Or may be every Russian?
Or...

No, I don't think every shit-faced Russian driving badly at 1.30am deserves to be shot, but I'm not an armed Khmer freshie boy so my vote doesn't count.

keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby vladimir » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 am

keeping_it_riel wrote:
Gilmore wrote:The motive was mentioned in the PPP version of the incident yesterday. According to police, the Russian 'brushed' the bikes on his way home from a night club at 1.30 am. They followed him to his house and shot him. Posters on the other thread boasting of kicking Khmers' bikes take note.

And the lesson to be learned is this: next time you brush some little fucker's bike at 1.30am, make sure you knock the c*nt and all his friends off their bikes. And then reverse over them.

:thumbsup:

I don't know if the 'take note' was directed at me, but consider this:

1. If you damage a Khmer's bike, be prepared to pay. Both they and we understand this.

2. If a Khmer damages our bike, they should be prepared to pay: both they and we understand this.

3. Anyone who tolerates someone damaging their private property - be they Khmer or foreigners -is a pussy and is instantly relegated to the Loser Section.

4. No-one in their right minds would damage others property, unprovoked, without expecting a reaction.

I may not be young any more, but anyone who damages my property first , and without provocation, can expect consequences.

Just saying.
Blah
vladimir
Fluffy Bunny

Postby andyinasia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 am

vladimir wrote:No mention of a ricochet...

Things are changing.

It's soldiers and police who can't shoot straight. Untrained bong thoms never seem to have that problem.
Ain't nobody got time for that!
andyinasia
I spend more time on 440 than working

Postby Uncle Monty » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 pm

andyinasia wrote:
vladimir wrote:No mention of a ricochet...

Things are changing.

It's soldiers and police who can't shoot straight. Untrained bong thoms never seem to have that problem.

Untrained soldiers and police fire warning shots into the air and manage to miss.

So now playing the game of spot which posters didn't read the PPP, it seems I'm top of the list.
Dictated to a slave and sent by carrier pigeon.
Uncle Monty
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Next

Return to Cambodia in the News