Tourist visa for France

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Tourist visa for France

Postby tarsier » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Any French national recently got a tourist visa for their Khmer girlfriend to visit France? Would appreciate if you could share your experience/requirements?
tarsier
5 minutes to kill
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:32 am

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby Sidewalker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:18 pm

She need a Schengen tourist visa. See here: http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/tourist-schengen-visa/
But, I have no experience with the visa.
Sidewalker
440 newbie - handle with care
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby logos » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 pm

She will need to prove beyond doubt that she doesn't intend to stay in France. A job here with a local salary does not cut it, not ownership of a rice field in the boonies. It has to he substantial.
User avatar
logos
Basement Dweller
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby rogerrabbit » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:37 am

logos wrote:She will need to prove beyond doubt that she doesn't intend to stay in France. A job here with a local salary does not cut it, not ownership of a rice field in the boonies. It has to he substantial.


Is this specific with French embassy? We have got Schengen visa 4 times without any problems via German embassy and she has only job with local salary to show. Last one just few weeks ago. Just file in all the documents that they require. Helps if you write invitation letter and say you will pay all expenses. But she better still have some money to show on her bank account and steady job/studies here.
rogerrabbit
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby raendi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:52 pm

tarsier wrote:Any French national recently got a tourist visa for their Khmer girlfriend to visit France?

rogerrabbit wrote:Helps if you write invitation letter and say you will pay all expenses.

Schengen visa for tourist is very hard for Cambodian (or any other asian) to get.
Apply Schengen visa to visiting friend and this friend declares that he cover all travel expenses, that's the way to do it.
Pardon my engrish, thanks you.
User avatar
raendi
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Toul Kork

Postby LexusSchmexus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Can a foreign national sponsor her? I'm not from the Shengen region, but I come from a country that doesn't require a visa to enter Shengen. Is it possible for a non-EU type to "sponsor" a visit if we intend to go together?
User avatar
LexusSchmexus
Penitus In Meus Brain , Universitas Tune
 
Posts: 3920
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby logos » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 pm

LS wrote:Is it possible for a non-EU type to "sponsor" a visit if we intend to go together?

The sponsorship form, which would be part of the visa application, has to be validated by the local authority, bezirk, commune, where the sponsor lives. They'll first want to see proof of income before they do that. Even though it's a schenghen visa the point of entry would have to be the sponsor's country, so I'm not sure how you could do that. Maybe create a history by taking her to your home country first ?

Roger rabbit, I suppose in your case you were able to demonstrate you were living in Cambodia and had thus sufficient reason to return with your partner?
User avatar
logos
Basement Dweller
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby This Charming Man » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 pm

I don't know why people are saying it's so hard. File the right papers and make the right noises and it's pretty straightforward. My ex got two over the space of a few years, one when I as ostensible sponsor was living in the UK and once when I was living in Asia. I didn't travel with her to Europe either time.
I know I'm unloveable. You don't have to tell me. I don't have much in my life, but take it - it's yours.
User avatar
This Charming Man
No Joke Howard is my Hero
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby bartderks » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:05 am

if you not get a visa, u can book a flight to a vissfree country with a transit in france, in france you go to the immigrationpolice and say you put yourself on the BRAX arrest. They must give u a 3 month visa for free!!!so if u not get a visa on the normal way, u can try this
bartderks
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 am

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby Kachang » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

bartderks wrote:if you not get a visa, u can book a flight to a vissfree country with a transit in france, in france you go to the immigrationpolice and say you put yourself on the BRAX arrest. They must give u a 3 month visa for free!!!so if u not get a visa on the normal way, u can try this


Did you try this, or is it just hearsay? I guess hearsay, and not thought through.

There's a lot of problems involved if you do this.

Your checked luggage will be forwarded to you final destination.
Your return flight will be cancelled because you did not make it to your final destination, and,
What visa free country can you possibly think off that would allow a Cambodian to enter AND has a flight from PNH / BKK /with a stop-over in Paris?

And finally, she has to be your legal partner to make use of the BRAX arrest. Good luck proving that to the French immigration police after you just deplaned your flight well ahead of your final destination. A Cambodian marriage certificate from the sangkat won't do, it has to be a legal document, recognized by the EU authorities. They won't believe a word and put you on the next flight to 'visa free country', wherever that may be. For the OP, talking about a GF, this way is closed anyway.

Not recommended.
User avatar
Kachang
I Am Losing It All to the Internet
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 am

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby rogerrabbit » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

logos wrote:
LS wrote:Is it possible for a non-EU type to "sponsor" a visit if we intend to go together?

The sponsorship form, which would be part of the visa application, has to be validated by the local authority, bezirk, commune, where the sponsor lives. They'll first want to see proof of income before they do that. Even though it's a schenghen visa the point of entry would have to be the sponsor's country, so I'm not sure how you could do that. Maybe create a history by taking her to your home country first ?


Point of entry can be different then the sponsor's country. As your flight might be PP-Bangkok-Paris-Frankfurt, Frankfurt being the sponsor's hometown, but the point of entry in this case would be Paris. You are okey to travel too. Most of the time should be located in the sponsor's country though. And if you are travelling other schengen countries, its good to state that in the application/invitation letter.

logos wrote:
LS wrote:Is it possible for a non-EU type to "sponsor" a visit if we intend to go together?

Roger rabbit, I suppose in your case you were able to demonstrate you were living in Cambodia and had thus sufficient reason to return with your partner?


Only thing was copy of my my 6 months Visa (which will expire before the trip) and the letter. Which I didn't validate either.

This Charming Man wrote:I don't know why people are saying it's so hard. File the right papers and make the right noises and it's pretty straightforward. My ex got two over the space of a few years, one when I as ostensible sponsor was living in the UK and once when I was living in Asia. I didn't travel with her to Europe either time.


Agreed completly. As long as one has some reason to return (school, job) and all needed documents filed, it shouldn't be any problem to get the visa.
rogerrabbit
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Tourist visa for France

Postby logos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Agreed completly. As long as one has some reason to return (school, job) and all needed documents filed, it shouldn't be any problem to get the visa.

I still think it depends on the person's circumstances. Good luck with getting a tourist visa for an unattached young woman with no kids, unless she can somehow convince the officials she won't remain in the schenghen area, which has always been the main criteria afaik. I'd be glad if things had become easier but I am skeptical.
User avatar
logos
Basement Dweller
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Next

Return to Questions and Answers




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beaker, Bing [Bot], boozyoldman, Miguelito, walkjivefly and 88 guests