Meth dealing Brit Andrew Sloman and Cambodian girlfriend sentenced to "hell hole" prison

News articles related to Cambodia can be posted here, but remember to link back to the original source.

Meth dealing Brit Andrew Sloman and Cambodian girlfriend sentenced to "hell hole" prison

Postby gavinmac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:11 pm

From the Daily Mail:

Brit and his Cambodian girlfriend shuffle from court to hell-hole prison in orange jumpsuits to begin lengthy jail sentences for selling crystal meth
Andrew Sloman, 51, from Buckinghamshire, sent to notorious Cambodian prison
Police found 40g of drugs in his hotel room after girlfriend, 28, caught selling it
Pair jailed for three years on Wednesday after being found guilty during trial
By Katie French For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 11:19 BST, 15 July 2017 | UPDATED: 17:17 BST, 15 July 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rison.html

Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Re: Meth dealing Brit Andrew Sloman and Cambodian girlfriend sentenced to "hell hole" prison

Postby Hanno » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

He might actually put on some weight in the slammer.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Friend

Re: Meth dealing Brit Andrew Sloman and Cambodian girlfriend sentenced to "hell hole" prison

Postby Marmite » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 pm

I wonder what goes through these guys' heads as it dawns on them that their lives have spiralled so far down the shitter that not only are they about to do serious jail time, but that they are going to do serious jail time in Cambodia.

I can't begin to imagine their mental state.
Marmite
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby Lucky Lucan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:21 pm

I saw that a couple of days ago. What struck me was that there was no mention that this was the second (or is it third?) time this scumbag tweaker has been jailed here for similar offenses.
How many times over the years have there been posts about him out selling rocks in GSM etc? :-?
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Hanno » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Lucky Lucan wrote:I saw that a couple of days ago. What struck me was that there was no mention that this was the second (or is it third?) time this scumbag tweaker has been jailed here for similar offenses.
How many times over the years have there been posts about him out selling rocks in GSM etc? :-?

I have little patience with drug dealers, especially in a foreign country. And don't give me that BS of "alcohol kills more people than a joint". Meth is evil and, unlike beer, illegal. I consider myself a compassionate person but they can rot for all I care.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Friend

Postby Lucky Lucan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm

I agree. Alcohol definitely does kill more people, but billions of people drink it and most don't suffer too many ill-effects. Imagine if the same number of people were doing meth instead? That would be real zombie apocalypse shit.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Lucky Lucan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

I think I was getting this Andrew Sloman with another meth-dealer, Andrew Howard. I'm not sure this one was locked up before.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby businessclass » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:18 am

I agree, even cows kill more people than sharks, and they only eat grass and weed. Think about it.
businessclass
I have some social problems

Postby kgbagent » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm

The odd thing here is that Sloman is considered the boyfriend of Chang Sreypheak who was also jailed

The real boyfriend was SAARI​ IAN​ WOOD​ BERRY​, male, American, born in 1976, charged with drugs use.

They were pretty constantly together and he had all his possessions in a small backpack he carried around

But Saari after being busted for drugs must have paid himself out as he was deported a few days later.

Thread with pics on KK ----- http://www.koonkhmer.com/forum/viewtopi ... c4dc76fab3
kgbagent
I live above an internet cafe

Postby Rune » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 am

Meth is fucking nasty and 40g isn't your average hobby dabbler. The guy looks like he might have dipped into his own stash though.

Incidentally I remember reading that something like 90% of night bus drivers in Cambodia are using meth. I still sleep like a baby.
Rune
I've got nothing better to do

Return to Cambodia in the News