Retirement EOS

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Retirement EOS

Postby Thrifty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm hearing around the place that there is now an age restriction on Retirement EOS, something like 65. Apparently this is a new thing that has just come in.

I just rang Lucky Lucky and advised them of my age(52) and they said cannot.

When I advised that I had an ER from last year they said, we will try.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks
Thrifty
I live above an internet cafe

Re: Retirement EOS

Postby gavinmac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Am I the only person who doesn't know what EOS means? Someone fill me in.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby Hanno » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:00 pm

gavinmac wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't know what EOS means? Someone fill me in.

Extension of Stay?
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Friend

Postby ReasonstobefearfulP3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah, Extension on stay.

It seems if you say 'retirement visa' people get pernickety but nobody knows what EOS is.

Cant win
ReasonstobefearfulP3
I've got nothing better to do

Postby LaudJohn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 pm

In Cambodia it is not an extension of stay it is a new visa.

In Thailand you have an initial visa and then get an extension of stay as opposed to a new visa.

Cambodia is not Thailand and visas and renewals/extensions are different.
Note to self: Must be nice to morons.
LaudJohn
Feminist Watch List

Postby offroadscholar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Thrifty wrote:
I just rang Lucky Lucky and advised them of my age(52) and they said cannot.

Whats the minimum age according to Lucky Lucky ?
offroadscholar
I've got internet at work

Postby Dahon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Could this be that to get an ER EOS You must have a certificate from Your embassy saying that You're officially
recognized as retiree by age and not by You own choice? Obtainability of such a document would then depend
on Your country's retirement age (which is between 61-69 for Sseden with corresponding adjustments of pay).

Or is it that Cambodia has set their own minimum age of 65?
Cambodia - tickets booked, moved on to mission planning DONE
Mission completed, reported to Col Braddock. DONE
Now ranting about the experience ONGOING
Dahon
I live above an internet cafe

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm

LaudJohn wrote:In Cambodia it is not an extension of stay it is a new visa.

In Thailand you have an initial visa and then get an extension of stay as opposed to a new visa.

In Cambodia it is an Extension of Stay of your initial visa...it is not a new visa. In fact the correct terminology used by the Immigration Department is 'Extension of Temporary Stay'.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Dahon wrote:Could this be that to get an ER EOS You must have a certificate from Your embassy saying that You're officially
recognized as retiree by age and not by You own choice? Obtainability of such a document would then depend
on Your country's retirement age (which is between 61-69 for Sseden with corresponding adjustments of pay).

Or is it that Cambodia has set their own minimum age of 65?

It could be anything, your guess is as good as any. The problem here is that they seem to implement these new policies, or start to enforce old ones they've been lax on, without any clear guidelines. Eventually some will be published, but they may be vague or contain contradictions. Just hang in, all will soon become clear grasshopper. 8-)
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby 104 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Feck me, glad you pointed that out, i am going to have words, i have a Thai fake as my stamp says "Extenstion of Stay"
, my fault should have noticed the spelling mistake ! How many others have got these ?
I have some social problems

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:

In Cambodia it is an Extension of Stay of your initial visa...it is not a new visa. In fact the correct terminology used by the Immigration Department is 'Extension of Temporary Stay'.

Out of interest I checked my passport and I only have one Cambodian visa in it, from 2009, it says "visa"in red in the corner. All the other (about 20)Cambodian documents in there are "Extension of Stay". They don't have the word visa on them, but under "Remarks" on the bottom line will be the number of your original visa.
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Alexandra » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Lucky Lucan wrote:I only have one Cambodian visa in it, from 2009

You should conveniently lose that passport before they hassle you with the work permit fiasco. Start fresh with a new visa in the next one.

Bless
Bless is no more
Alexandra
Meus Mens est 440

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Lucky Lucan wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote:

Out of interest I checked my passport and I only have one Cambodian visa in it, from 2009, it says "visa"in red in the corner. All the other (about 20)Cambodian documents in there are "Extension of Stay". They don't have the word visa on them, but under "Remarks" on the bottom line will be the number of your original visa.

This...fk knows what LaudJohn is on about.

In regards to the OP, the latest immigration sub-decree does not include an age requirement for the ER EOS, but as LL mentioned policies here can change without notice, or the laws are so vague that they are left wide open to interpretation.

My advice is try a different agent and see how you get on.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Postby Stramash » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:37 am

Just saw a post from an agent on the SR page that says the new age for ER is 70. I would have doubted it, but a well known barang agent confirmed it is in place from Monday (though he also said it could change again the next week as it is obvious they don't have a clue what they are doing)
“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
Stramash
My Best Friend is my Computer

Postby Hanno » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:49 am

Stramash wrote:Just saw a post from an agent on the SR page that says the new age for ER is 70. I would have doubted it, but a well known barang agent confirmed it is in place from Monday (though he also said it could change again the next week as it is obvious they don't have a clue what they are doing)

70? That would rule out about 99.9% of the deathpats.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Friend

Next

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy