Getting yer cooking gas from places without a gas pump

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Getting yer cooking gas from places without a gas pump

Postby spitthedog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 am

Anybody find that places that fill up your gas bottle that don't have the proper pumps should be avoided?

I went to a new place the other day as it's closer, but was wary as they just fill it from another upturned bottle. Took much longer, and when they do it this way they always seem to either place ice blocks on top or even immerse it in a bucket of water.

But the main thing i've noticed compared to my regular pump place is that the pressure sometimes isn't there to ramp up the bottle to fill it? So either alot of bottles get shuffled around for 15 minutes or your bottle doesnt get full even if the weight scale reads ok.
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Internet Addiction: it is real

Re: Getting yer cooking gas from places without a gas pump

Postby LexusSchmexus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Are you talking about those small 2000r canisters? Those are an accident waiting to happen and hardly economical. Why would you use them?
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby spitthedog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:20 pm

LexusSchmexus wrote:Are you talking about those small 2000r canisters? Those are an accident waiting to happen and hardly economical. Why would you use them?

No, the big 5kg+ gas bottles.
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog

Postby sociopath » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 pm

spitthedog wrote:No, the big 5kg+ gas bottles.

you eat a lot of boiled eggs?
no replying to those who misinterpret/misread what i write. this aint kindergarten
sociopath
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby LexusSchmexus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:43 pm

5KG? I only know of the 12 and 15kg bottles. You don't get those charged, you exchange them for a new one that's filled up. I'm honestly totally confused now about what you're taking about.
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby Mèo Đen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:36 pm

LexusSchmexus wrote:5KG? I only know of the 12 and 15kg bottles. You don't get those charged, you exchange them for a new one that's filled up. I'm honestly totally confused now about what you're taking about.

Im confused also, when I had a house with gas cylinders I just rung up the shop and a guy came around on a moto and exchanged the bottles.
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?

Postby spitthedog » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:40 am

Yeah, maybe i'm doing it wrong. I just got in the habit of taking the bottle to the shop myself as it used to be just around the corner. Plus i never saw many 5.6 kg bottles lying around in the shop and my one was in good nick/new.
spitthedog

Return to Questions and Answers