Cambodian Fruits

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Cambodian Fruits

Postby Marino » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 am

Hello,
I'm a real noob on this (really interesting) forum so I hope I posted the good way.

I want to transform some fruits like mango, pineapple, passion fruits.

I'm looking for some producers like a mango farm (and also for the other fruits).
I will start little like 50KG/month for each fruit but i would like to work directly with a producer.

Do you know/can recommend me some producer ?
Whats region is better ? I was thinking near kampot..

Thanks for your answer. :prey:

Marino
Marino
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Cambodian Fruits

Postby Miguelito » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 am

Kampot is certainly the best place for durians, but I don't think Western tourists will want durian. Different areas specialize in different things, such as oranges in Pursat.

I'm sure you could find a local (near PP) producer for mangos. Will you require organic though? You'll also need to be mindful that there are different types of mangos, and different seasons for the different types. I think there was a thread somewhere about the seasons of fruits here, I'll take a look and see if I can find it.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby pedros » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:09 am

Miguelito wrote:Kampot is certainly the best place for durians, but I don't think Western tourists will want durian. Different areas specialize in different things, such as oranges in Pursat.

I'm sure you could find a local (near PP) producer for mangos. Will you require organic though? You'll also need to be mindful that there are different types of mangos, and different seasons for the different types. I think there was a thread somewhere about the seasons of fruits here, I'll take a look and see if I can find it.

It's mango season near me now.... loads of the things, have contacts. PM if you want.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:20 am

50kg isn’t really a lot of mango.
It’s probably not worth your while going direct to the source for this quantity.
At this level I’d probably just approach one of the sellers in Psa Daem Kor
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Postby pedros » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:27 am

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:50kg isn’t really a lot of mango.
It’s probably not worth your while going direct to the source for this quantity.

Indeed, it's around $6 worth.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Marino » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Miguelito wrote:Kampot is certainly the best place for durians, but I don't think Western tourists will want durian. Different areas specialize in different things, such as oranges in Pursat.

Hey Miguelito thanks.
Yes I would like organic fruits and try to find the best quality.
I know there are different type of mango and i want to taste to prepare differents produce with differents mango.

I would be awesome if there is a fil with the season and region of fruits in cambodia cause I can't find the information on google.
Marino

Postby Marino » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:50 pm

pedros wrote:
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:50kg isn’t really a lot of mango.

Indeed, it's around $6 worth.

6$ for 50kg is the price in Psa Daem Kor ?

Yes, of course I hope to quickly need more quantity.
In my study I'm profitable at least with 250Kg of fruit.

The thing is i would instal my little laboratory near a zone where are farm fruits.

Big thanks for all your answer
Marino

Return to Questions and Answers