Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Mèo Đen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 pm

For me at any rate! :lol:

Earlier today I was riding my moto along street 90 heading for Monivong. I was just about to pass a parked vehicle when a guy on a moto, driving fairly quickly cut in front of me causing me to brake hard. As he passed me the car door of the parked vehicle opened suddenly and the occupant got out. The guy on the moto plowed into the open door and alighting occupant. Bike went sliding sideways down the road and the rider "hit the deck" The vehicle occupant got hit, but not hard enough to prevent him hurling abuse at the rider lying on the road.

If he hadn't "cut me out" I might have ended up in the door and because the rider had caused me to break I was traveling slow enough to stop, and not run over bike and rider. I was able to steer around the "mess" and avoid the quickly gathering police and spectators. :thumbsup: :lol:
User avatar
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?
 
Posts: 3400
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby vladimir » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 pm

You have 8 lives left.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
User avatar
vladimir
Feminist Watch List
 
Posts: 33192
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:43 am
Location: The Kremlin

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Mèo Đen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm

vladimir wrote:You have 8 lives left.


Down to 5 unfortunately! :-( :grin:
User avatar
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?
 
Posts: 3400
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby LexusSchmexus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Why is the guy opening the door hurling insults? I can think of very few cases where the person opening the door wouldn't be at fault.
User avatar
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !
 
Posts: 4365
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Lucky Lucan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Funny story, but as above I blame the car driver. The motorcyclist was a fucking moron too though, it's common knowledge that you shouldn't pass any parked car too close unless you can see it's empty. People do this shit all the time here though. Even if they spend half their daily route driving on the wrong side of the road they'll still pull out without looking each way. That's if they even look at all, backing out of a parking spot straight onto a busy road is very popular here. I'm surprised I haven't died already but I spend an hour or two in traffic every day and I've never been hit or hit anything. There's a methodical madness with the flow, and other than the few silly fuckers racing around and weaving like crazy most drivers are civil. Later at night is sketchy though, those concrete road dividers don't break themselves. 8-)
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
User avatar
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain
 
Posts: 18514
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:24 pm
Location: The Pearl of the Orient

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby 104 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:22 am

Lucky Lucan wrote:Funny story, but as above I blame the car driver. The motorcyclist was a fucking moron too though, it's common knowledge that you shouldn't pass any parked car too close unless you can see it's empty. People do this shit all the time here though. Even if they spend half their daily route driving on the wrong side of the road they'll still pull out without looking each way. That's if they even look at all, backing out of a parking spot straight onto a busy road is very popular here. I'm surprised I haven't died already but I spend an hour or two in traffic every day and I've never been hit or hit anything. There's a methodical madness with the flow, and other than the few silly fuckers racing around and weaving like crazy most drivers are civil. Later at night is sketchy though, those concrete road dividers don't break themselves. 8-)


Oh dear, famous last words, tempting fate!
User avatar
104
My Only Friend is my Computer
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Oldnews » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 am

Good stuff. Like to see people who zoom out by twisting those 150cc+ auto grips without dcaa get it. Car door sounds about right. Almost been killed by the zoomer outers many many times. Not had many car door openers so far. Touch Lucky Lucan's head.
User avatar
Oldnews
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby parkcar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 am

Mèo Đen wrote:For me at any rate! :lol:

Earlier today I was riding my moto along street 90 heading for Monivong. I was just about to pass a parked vehicle when a guy on a moto, driving fairly quickly cut in front of me causing me to brake hard. As he passed me the car door of the parked vehicle opened suddenly and the occupant got out. The guy on the moto plowed into the open door and alighting occupant. Bike went sliding sideways down the road and the rider "hit the deck" The vehicle occupant got hit, but not hard enough to prevent him hurling abuse at the rider lying on the road.

If he hadn't "cut me out" I might have ended up in the door and because the rider had caused me to break I was traveling slow enough to stop, and not run over bike and rider. I was able to steer around the "mess" and avoid the quickly gathering police and spectators. :thumbsup: :lol:
good story


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Park Car
the park car is usually the last car in a Canadian passenger train consist, happily called the bar car to regulars
User avatar
parkcar
5 minutes to kill
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 am
Location: vancouver bc CA

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby RainMan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

parkcar reckons 'good story' :lol:
Never mind.
User avatar
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith
 
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Vagabond

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby RBD » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Going at a reasonable speed on a bicycle today and some silly girl approaches on her moto from the wrong side of the road. She waits until I am about 4 feet in front of her and, looking at me, pulls out directly in front of me. Tried to kick the back of her moto over as she crossed inches in front of me but missed unfortunately. I never get used to the fucking morons on the road.
RBD
I have some social problems
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Just Robbed » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 pm

RBD wrote:Going at a reasonable speed on a bicycle today and some silly girl approaches on her moto from the wrong side of the road. She waits until I am about 4 feet in front of her and, looking at me, pulls out directly in front of me. Tried to kick the back of her moto over as she crossed inches in front of me but missed unfortunately. I never get used to the fucking morons on the road.


Sounds like an everyday occurrence. My favourite is one one Twat comes out from your side of the road and you look to the left as you take evasive action only to see that you have an incoming Twat on your left also cutting across your path. Doesn't leave you with any option but to brake and thank your lucky stars that you are still upright.
Just Robbed
I Am Losing It All to the Internet
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby the chicken » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm

I notice a lot of car drivers here dont look back or use the rear mirror before opening the door. I was in a taxi to Battambong 2 years ago, a motorbike overpassed another motorbike then turned back to the side of the road to give way to cars. A Toyota Hybrid was parked on the side of the road for some reason suddenly she opened the door giving the motorist no time to swerve he went in full force into the door. Its one of many reasons why I dont ride faster than 30km/h so I can avoid these sort of clowns, Facebooking, talking on the phone while driving fuckers.
the chicken
My Only Friend is my Computer
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Gardiguy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:34 pm

the chicken wrote:I notice a lot of car drivers here dont look back or use the rear mirror before opening the door. I was in a taxi to Battambong 2 years ago, a motorbike overpassed another motorbike then turned back to the side of the road to give way to cars. A Toyota Hybrid was parked on the side of the road for some reason suddenly she opened the door giving the motorist no time to swerve he went in full force into the door. Its one of many reasons why I dont ride faster than 30km/h so I can avoid these sort of clowns, Facebooking, talking on the phone while driving fuckers.
My pet peeve is with car drivers making wide turns like they are driving 18 wheelers, but it makes sense for any nation that learnt how to drive on a motorbike and that mostly only knows how to drive a motorbike as opposed to a car.
User avatar
Gardiguy
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Marinaris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 am

Fucking drivers that takes a left bend tightly ...
User avatar
Marinaris
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 am
Location: Phnom Penh

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby RBD » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 am

Marinaris wrote:Fucking drivers that takes a left bend tightly ...


Yep - head to head with a Tundra on the wrong side of the road, and he (or she) is not giving way......It is a matter of national pride never to admit that you are doing something wrong (or stupid or both).
RBD
I have some social problems
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm


Return to Cambodia Speakeasy




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aem, dirtymacca, Jep, moethebartender, ricecakes, rogerrabbit, scoffer, Steve Zodiac, upstage and 281 guests