Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby Mèo Đen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 pm

For me at any rate! :lol:

Earlier today I was riding my moto along street 90 heading for Monivong. I was just about to pass a parked vehicle when a guy on a moto, driving fairly quickly cut in front of me causing me to brake hard. As he passed me the car door of the parked vehicle opened suddenly and the occupant got out. The guy on the moto plowed into the open door and alighting occupant. Bike went sliding sideways down the road and the rider "hit the deck" The vehicle occupant got hit, but not hard enough to prevent him hurling abuse at the rider lying on the road.

If he hadn't "cut me out" I might have ended up in the door and because the rider had caused me to break I was traveling slow enough to stop, and not run over bike and rider. I was able to steer around the "mess" and avoid the quickly gathering police and spectators. :thumbsup: :lol:
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?

Re: Impatient motorcyclist prevents accident!

Postby vladimir » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 pm

You have 8 lives left.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby Mèo Đen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm

vladimir wrote:You have 8 lives left.

Down to 5 unfortunately! :-( :grin:
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?

Postby LexusSchmexus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Why is the guy opening the door hurling insults? I can think of very few cases where the person opening the door wouldn't be at fault.
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby Lucky Lucan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Funny story, but as above I blame the car driver. The motorcyclist was a fucking moron too though, it's common knowledge that you shouldn't pass any parked car too close unless you can see it's empty. People do this shit all the time here though. Even if they spend half their daily route driving on the wrong side of the road they'll still pull out without looking each way. That's if they even look at all, backing out of a parking spot straight onto a busy road is very popular here. I'm surprised I haven't died already but I spend an hour or two in traffic every day and I've never been hit or hit anything. There's a methodical madness with the flow, and other than the few silly fuckers racing around and weaving like crazy most drivers are civil. Later at night is sketchy though, those concrete road dividers don't break themselves. 8-)
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby 104 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:22 am

Lucky Lucan wrote:Funny story, but as above I blame the car driver. The motorcyclist was a fucking moron too though, it's common knowledge that you shouldn't pass any parked car too close unless you can see it's empty. People do this shit all the time here though. Even if they spend half their daily route driving on the wrong side of the road they'll still pull out without looking each way. That's if they even look at all, backing out of a parking spot straight onto a busy road is very popular here. I'm surprised I haven't died already but I spend an hour or two in traffic every day and I've never been hit or hit anything. There's a methodical madness with the flow, and other than the few silly fuckers racing around and weaving like crazy most drivers are civil. Later at night is sketchy though, those concrete road dividers don't break themselves. 8-)

Oh dear, famous last words, tempting fate!
My Best Friend is my Computer

Postby Oldnews » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 am

Good stuff. Like to see people who zoom out by twisting those 150cc+ auto grips without dcaa get it. Car door sounds about right. Almost been killed by the zoomer outers many many times. Not had many car door openers so far. Touch Lucky Lucan's head.
Oldnews
I've got nothing better to do

Postby parkcar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 am

Mèo Đen wrote:For me at any rate! :lol:

Earlier today I was riding my moto along street 90 heading for Monivong. I was just about to pass a parked vehicle when a guy on a moto, driving fairly quickly cut in front of me causing me to brake hard. As he passed me the car door of the parked vehicle opened suddenly and the occupant got out. The guy on the moto plowed into the open door and alighting occupant. Bike went sliding sideways down the road and the rider "hit the deck" The vehicle occupant got hit, but not hard enough to prevent him hurling abuse at the rider lying on the road.

If he hadn't "cut me out" I might have ended up in the door and because the rider had caused me to break I was traveling slow enough to stop, and not run over bike and rider. I was able to steer around the "mess" and avoid the quickly gathering police and spectators. :thumbsup: :lol:
good story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Park Car
the park car is usually the last car in a Canadian passenger train consist, happily called the bar car to regulars
parkcar
5 minutes to kill

Postby RainMan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

parkcar reckons 'good story' :lol:
Never mind.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy