Mongerer/ "regular guy" asks for help to pay medical bills

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

Mongerer/ "regular guy" asks for help to pay medical bills

Postby 104 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:15 pm

I don't know how people got the gall, this is from Kampot Noticeboard, FFS go home and get some help and spend less on your mongering

From Facebook
This is to remind everybody that I'll be holding a Survival Celebration and fundraiser at the Pond GH next Monday, March 19 at 7pm.
There'll be live music and a silent auction featuring stays at three fine places, Champa and Meraki on the river and Sleeping Buffalo on Koh Rong Somlang. There's also a climbing experience with Dave and stand up paddle boarding with Anne... and more. If anyone else would like to contribute to the auction it's not too late, just message me.
So far 23 generous people have donated $1800 towards my total bills of $3500.... not bad
If you can't come, you can always toss a few dollars my way at my funding site: https://www.youcaring.com/stankahn-1122791.
Last edited by 104 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Only Friend is my Computer

Re: Mongerer asks for help to pay medical bills

Postby over the rainbow » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Doesn't look like a monger to me, just an old man that loves staying in Cambodia.
writes a blog as well,https://cambostan.wordpress.com/
sounds like a regular guy to me
over the rainbow
I live above an internet cafe

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 pm

That's Stan the weather man, there was a whole thread on here about him recently when he was submitted to Calmette following a stroke (?) iirc. A very well liked bloke by the Kampot community.

I'd say that its highly unlikely he's much of a "mongerer", considering he's lived in the sticks out of Kampot for years, not much of a scene for mongers there.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Penitus In Meus Brain , Universitas Tune

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:That's Stan the weather man, there was a whole thread on here about him recently when he was submitted to Calmette following a stroke (?) iirc. A very well liked bloke by the Kampot community.

I'd say that its highly unlikely he's much of a "mongerer", considering he's lived in the sticks out of Kampot for years, not much of a scene for mongers there.

according to his gofundme thing he caught a bad strain of pneumonia or something
Mean Dtuk Mean Trey, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks
Jamie_Lambo

Re: Mongerer/ "regular guy" asks for help to pay medical bills

Postby horace » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Stan Kahn not a monger , hahaha!
k440, something to do when you're pissed.
horace

Postby gavinmac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:I'd say that its highly unlikely he's much of a "mongerer", considering he's lived in the sticks out of Kampot for years, not much of a scene for mongers there.

I don't think I've ever met him, but I know that KiR called him the septuagenarian who obsesses over teenage flange.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby 104 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:That's Stan the weather man, there was a whole thread on here about him recently when he was submitted to Calmette following a stroke (?) iirc. A very well liked bloke by the Kampot community.

haha that's very funny

from another thread i found

The articles about him chasing flange were all in the Bayon Pearnik and his book:

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26548&start=45

Postby sociopath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 am

thanks have noted the m o n g r e l
no replying to those who misinterpret/misread what i write. this aint kindergarten
sociopath
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby slavedog » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:33 am

Stan's a great guy and, unlike twatpackers, doesn't have at his age too many options for insurance etc. I already chucked in $50, hopefully others who know him are doing the same.
slavedog
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby Lucky Lucan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 am

104 wrote:haha that's very funny

from another thread i found

An article from 6 years ago that refers to his writing on hostess bars about 10 years ago.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby drwahwah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 am

horace wrote:Stan Kahn not a monger , hahaha!

aka randy Nightwalker :D
drwahwah
I need professional help

Postby long in the tooth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:53 pm

in his 70's.... flat on his back and out cold for 3 days..... revived and drinking a few cold beers and riding his bike again
.... playing his sax with bands at night... doing a daily radio show.... and still has time for the ladies. i should be so lucky.
Why, oh why, didn't I take the Blue pill?
long in the tooth
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby penhster » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 pm

At almost 80, having suffered a stroke, no health insurance or money to pay for doctor bills, I imagine they will be supporting his health care until his time is up.
penhster
I live above an internet cafe

Postby the chicken » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 pm

I occasionally make 5 bucks here and there from online work, and usually donated from Paypal to people in the SR community crying for hlep that his sister in law got into bikes accident or guy got crushed by a moto while riding on his bicycle. Albeit, some of it might be genuine but the other halves have property and financial means to help out their own family but used the situation to seek others' sympathy to get financial help.

I live on less than 10 bucks on food for a family of 4 a day, but that is my problem. If the aging, fragile Stan get the 3500 bucks goal to sort out his health problem and can continue on to live the Playboy life, hell I will Wing him 20 bucks this weekend just for the kick of it.
the chicken

Postby gavinmac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

A lot of the chicken's posts boast about what a wonderful, charitable guy he is.

1. The Chicken donates to bike accident victims, above

2. The Chicken tips housekeepers:

the chicken wrote: But after knowing they are on a very low salary and had to work in this look-down job, usually teens or divorced women with kids made me I felt bad. Tipping is not in my DNA. But I usually leave a few thousand Khmer riel or Baht on the bedside table before leaving.

3. The Chicken pays a white guy's traffic fine:

the chicken wrote:I translated to the white dude he suddenly loses it and said I aint buying these fucking cheap quality helmet! I almost burst out laughing but the cops werent amused. I politely told the cop that I have a spare one at home he can have mine. I paid for the fine but I know that I now hated by the traffic cops community; he got his bike back . He insisted that I follow him to an ATM so he can pay me back, I just said its all good as I got work later in the day.

4. The Chicken gives beer garden girls a ride home:

the chicken wrote:During the monsoon season in october of that year i gave them a ride back home no motodop nearby there wasnt no motodop to be found because of the heavy rain. They insisted of paying me the cost of motodop that they pay to get back home everyday after work. I later learned they work in this industry because of their family live in poverty or family's debts.

5. The Chicken dives into lakes to help local fishermen with their catch:

the chicken wrote:LOL. My native Angkorian friends sometime do that at the vicinity of the Angkor Wat stream after we got drunk at his place. I actually never paid attention when diving in to help them to collect the catch.

6. The Chicken helps to pay his father in law's medical bills

the chicken wrote:I hear you Spigzy. My father in law just last month stayed a provincial hospital aka public hospital for 2 nights and set him back $450, thats a gigantic amount for a rice farmer and we each had to chip in.

7. The Chicken volunteers to help an NGO

the chicken wrote:Not long ago I volunteered to help and translate for a Belgian NGO when they found out a local who was in charge of the finance stolen more than 20,000 Euros from the fund account.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Next

Return to Lifestyle