Buying a new Honda Moto from dealership, can I haggle?

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Buying a new Honda Moto from dealership, can I haggle?

Postby IndieDev » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm

I've been told they're factory set prices but I've also been told I should try to haggle everything. This is from an official dealer so I'm not sure what the general rule is here.

Thanks!
IndieDev
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Buying a new Honda Moto from dealership, can I haggle?

Postby Miguelito » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

IndieDev wrote:I've been told they're factory set prices but I've also been told I should try to haggle everything. This is from an official dealer so I'm not sure what the general rule is here.

Thanks!

Always negotiate, just as you would at any car dealership anywhere in the world.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Beaker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Check the price a several dealers to see how much they differ so you know when you have a good price.
I think you may be able to gain a few extras or a new helmet for your new bike by haggling easier than cash discount.
Ι'м тнє σиє ωнσ нαѕ тσ ∂ιє ωнєи ιт'ѕ тιмє fσя мє тσ ∂ιє ѕσ ℓєт мє ℓινє му ℓιfє тнє ωαу Ι ωαит тσ - ʝJιмι Нєи∂яιχ
Beaker
I've got internet at work

Postby Miguelito » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Also, see if they have any 2017 stock left that you could really talk them down on.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Kachang » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:57 pm

IndieDev wrote:I've been told they're factory set prices but I've also been told I should try to haggle everything. This is from an official dealer so I'm not sure what the general rule is here.

Thanks!

They might give you a nice sticker.

Looking around doesn't pay off. All dealerships around the Kingdom charge the same prices. Sometimes there's a promotion through Honda though, free helmet, free jacket, stuff like that.
Kachang
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby the chicken » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

If it is the latest model unlikely, but you could get freebies from it. But if it is like Dream 2015 - 2017 I reckon you could and the differences could be anywhere from $20 - $500.

The downside of getting a new bike is the hassle of getting a plate which is around $20 +.
the chicken
My Only Friend is my Computer

Return to Questions and Answers