Ice for drinking

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Ice for drinking

Postby Savage » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Is their a store that sells ice, for drinks.

Instead of street ice :)
Savage
5 minutes to kill

Re: ICE

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 am

Yeah, there's this place called "Sky Ice" at the top of Vattanac Tower that sells premium ice cubes. Would these suit you sir? :

http://www.glaceice.net/purchase.html
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Miguelito » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

Just buy it from any shop that has large orange coolers out front, and tell them you want it for drinking. They normally have the large blocks that they cut up (not for consumption), and then the ice made that is safe to drop into your warm beer.

I'm also changing the thread title, simply because the attention whoring thread title was annoying me.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Re: Ice for drinking

Postby Playboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am

Miguelito wrote: ... simply because the attention whoring thread title was annoying me.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Dark Side. You are grasping the rules of capricious whimsy that apply to 440 administration.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby the chicken » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 am

Those mini ice cylinders they called it 'hygienic ice' in Khmer. Nothing is hygienic about it, the water usually come from the same source as the ice blocks you use to cool water and beer. You can do an experiment, put a couple of it in a clear glass and let it completely melt and you are likely to see little tiny black pieces. Drink it often, in the long run you are likely to have kidney stone.
the chicken
I Have Not Been Outside Today

Postby vladimir » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Savage wrote:Is their a store that sells ice, for drinks.

Instead of street ice :)

Boy, are you methed up.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby vladimir » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Playboy wrote:
Miguelito wrote: ... simply because the attention whoring thread title was annoying me.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Dark Side. You are grasping the rules of capricious whimsy that apply to 440 administration.

Thus began miguelito's slow but sure descent into the insanity that has been labelled 'forum-mania version 3.0'

Incurable and totally debilitating, kind of like a mix of Alzheimers and quadrophenia, you forget what the fuck you guys went into the kitchen, bedroom, office and pub for.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby Playboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

vladimir wrote:
Playboy wrote:

Thus began miguelito's slow but sure descent into the insanity that has been labelled 'forum-mania version 3.0'

Incurable and totally debilitating, kind of like a mix of Alzheimers and quadrophenia, you forget what the fuck you guys went into the kitchen, bedroom, office and pub for.
We go into all of those locations for the same reason, we are looking for cold beer and hot women.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby alifeapart » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:39 am

Lucky Lucan wrote:Yeah, there's this place called "Sky Ice" at the top of Vattanac Tower that sells premium ice cubes. Would these suit you sir? :

http://www.glaceice.net/purchase.html

If they are same as the ones at The Whiskey Bar in KL, they are excellent.
alifeapart
I've got internet at work

Return to Questions and Answers