Crown stout

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Crown stout

Postby pedros » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Been smashing the anchors since wednesday, which is giving me little more than wind. So in an effort to get a bit drunk settled on a case of crown stout, which used to be 6.5 alc by vol.

After a few tins, I noticed they ramped that up to 8 now, when I wanted a happy medium, or would have gone for abc.

Nevertheless, at $11 a case it's better tasting than blacky P and easier on the wallet than Allah Buddha and Christ.

:pissed:
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Re: Crown stout

Postby spitthedog » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:03 pm

One thing i've been noticing of late is that i can drink G&T's till the cows come home with no sleepy effects, but the local beers can make me feel like a kip after a few during the evening for some reason.

I wonder if it's just the empty calorie beer thing, or something else?
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby Just Robbed » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 pm

The g and ts possibly have little alcohol?
Just Robbed
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby slavedog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:00 am

Interesting that they would do this, as I believe Crown and ABC both come from the same brewery. I always assumed that they were essentially the same product, just brewed for different times resulting in different price and strength, as is the case with Crown lager and Anchor. I'm quite keen on the odd ABC. Will have to give the Crown a try.
slavedog
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby Playboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am

Correct, ABC, Tiger, Anchor, Crown are all brewed in Cambodia by CBL Ltd

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby pedros » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 am

Me, last night after too many crown stouts... although I slept outside on the floor, the hangover isn't too bad

pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby the chicken » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 am

3 nights ago I challenged a villager to 7 drinks of different alcohol, 1 of it was stout. the 4th one was rice wine. I stumbled home.
the chicken
I Have Not Been Outside Today

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy