Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi. I have bought some stuff online before and all of them were sent to Cambodia post and everytime, I picked them up without any problem. Normally, they only asked for fee of KHR2500 but I do not remember which counter I normally went to.

My concern is that this time, they called me, told me my package number when I pick up and they asked me to go directly to counter No.34 (They never mentioned any counter number before). The question is why do they tell me to go to counter No.34 only? I'm afraid that they will ask for more fee this time? has anyone experienced going to that counter before? I order a box of back pain medicine that cost around $80.

I'd appreciate it so much if you could share your experience.
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Beaker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Narcotics task force/DEA window
Ι'м тнє σиє ωнσ нαѕ тσ ∂ιє ωнєи ιт'ѕ тιмє fσя мє тσ ∂ιє ѕσ ℓєт мє ℓινє му ℓιfє тнє ωαу Ι ωαит тσ - ʝJιмι Нєи∂яιχ
User avatar
Beaker
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Beaker wrote:Narcotics task force/DEA window


So will they ask me any questions? Will they open the package?
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Why are you importing medicine to a country where you can get anything over the counter and why did you think it would be wise without the proper import license?
Bless is no more
User avatar
Alexandra
Meus Mens est 440
 
Posts: 3470
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Alexandra wrote:Why are you importing medicine to a country where you can get anything over the counter and why did you think it would be wise without the proper import license?

I didn't think it could be a problem before. I do not think it is prohibited since they called me to pick the package up. What I am curious about is why did they tell me to window No.34? What is so special about that window?
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Beaker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm pretty sure they call you up even if it is an illegal substance. They probably just tell you to go to a special window.
Ι'м тнє σиє ωнσ нαѕ тσ ∂ιє ωнєи ιт'ѕ тιмє fσя мє тσ ∂ιє ѕσ ℓєт мє ℓινє му ℓιfє тнє ωαу Ι ωαит тσ - ʝJιмι Нєи∂яιχ
User avatar
Beaker
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Beaker wrote:I'm pretty sure they call you up even if it is an illegal substance. They probably just tell you to go to a special window.


I hope so. I hope they will not ask me to pay any tax.
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Gardiguy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:30 pm

When I received my modafinil they told me to go to a specific window. I believe it was 33, but it was awhile ago.
User avatar
Gardiguy
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Gardiguy wrote:When I received my modafinil they told me to go to a specific window. I believe it was 33, but it was awhile ago.

and what happened at window 33? did they ask you anything?
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby kiwiincambodia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:35 pm

I believe counter 34 is used for EMS and / or international packages, every time I have received a box from NZ (normally presents for the kiddos from Grandma) I am given a code and told to go to window 34.

On a separate note, the last 2 times I have collected something they have been opened and inspected by customs. This never happened before, it wasn’t a deep inspection just had a look inside and closed it back up but I would have an answer ready if they do find it and start asking questions.
User avatar
kiwiincambodia
5 minutes to kill
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 am

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:I believe counter 34 is used for EMS and / or international packages, every time I have received a box from NZ (normally presents for the kiddos from Grandma) I am given a code and told to go to window 34.

On a separate note, the last 2 times I have collected something they have been opened and inspected by customs. This never happened before, it wasn’t a deep inspection just had a look inside and closed it back up but I would have an answer ready if they do find it and start asking questions.


I see. So I guess I won't be charge any tax. Good they did not ask you any questions. Thanks for sharing.
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Miguelito » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm

I wonder which window Maxine Colas went to...
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby kiwiincambodia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Edward wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:I believe counter 34 is used for EMS and / or international packages, every time I have received a box from NZ (normally presents for the kiddos from Grandma) I am given a code and told to go to window 34.

On a separate note, the last 2 times I have collected something they have been opened and inspected by customs. This never happened before, it wasn’t a deep inspection just had a look inside and closed it back up but I would have an answer ready if they do find it and start asking questions.


I see. So I guess I won't be charge any tax. Good they did not ask you any questions. Thanks for sharing.


No tax, but there was a “release” fee. I think the most I’ve paid is 10,000 riel.
User avatar
kiwiincambodia
5 minutes to kill
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 am

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Edward wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:I believe counter 34 is used for EMS and / or international packages, every time I have received a box from NZ (normally presents for the kiddos from Grandma) I am given a code and told to go to window 34.

On a separate note, the last 2 times I have collected something they have been opened and inspected by customs. This never happened before, it wasn’t a deep inspection just had a look inside and closed it back up but I would have an answer ready if they do find it and start asking questions.


I see. So I guess I won't be charge any tax. Good they did not ask you any questions. Thanks for sharing.


No tax, but there was a “release” fee. I think the most I’ve paid is 10,000 riel.


Oh Okay. That is okay for me if release fee is only KHR10000.
Edward
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Receiving Mailing at Cambodia Post

Postby Hanno » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Over the last 9 years, I have had dozens of parcels sent. Sometimes they call me and ask me to go to a specific counter, sometimes they don't. Every single packaged had been opened and taped up again. They only time I had to pay tax was when the total value of goods was over $2,000.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
User avatar
Hanno
The Internet is my Friend
 
Posts: 6799
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Siem Reap

Next

Return to Questions and Answers




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crazybassguitar and 118 guests