buying cambodian nationality with name change

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby crazybuffalo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Just one word = Keep your money and your time.The real law here is the US$$$$$$.On the paper,the law is bla bla bla for naive people..
crazybuffalo
440 newbie - handle with care
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby jackrossi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:37 pm

still a mess with the process of purchasing nationality, i have clients interested and now nobody seems to be clear on how to provide this service, quite annoying.
User avatar
jackrossi
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby logos » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 pm

It's not something you can promise or even less deliver, even if you are very well connected. A high flying lawyer , despite his top connections working with HE immediate family lost the small fortune he'd paid (to a Secretary of state and a relative by marriage he thought he could trust) to get it for an Italian national running an ngo.

Eventually he had to refund his client as he was getting nowhere .. and he never got his $$ back. He was asked more and more until he decided to cut his losses and run. Total damage in excess of 50k. Those guys are unreliable and sharks to each other.
User avatar
logos
WankPoodle
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby Barang_doa_slae » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:43 am

logos wrote:It's not something you can promise or even less deliver, even if you are very well connected. A high flying lawyer , despite his top connections working with HE immediate family lost the small fortune he'd paid (to a Secretary of state and a relative by marriage he thought he could trust) to get it for an Italian national running an ngo.

Eventually he had to refund his client as he was getting nowhere .. and he never got his $$ back. He was asked more and more until he decided to cut his losses and run. Total damage in excess of 50k. Those guys are unreliable and sharks to each other.


You can bring logos advice to the bank.
Even when I did it my well connected lawyer was reluctant and only obliged as a personal favor.
Since then his office has turned down numerous requests.
Very sober these days...
User avatar
Barang_doa_slae
Runcible Chap
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:44 am

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby ricecakes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:23 pm

The last westerner I know to get a KHR passport got it by way of services to the country.He was awarded a medal or somesuch by the king.

He was however moving in lofty circles due to his job at the time and rubbing the right shouders also,

Ultimately it was the H family who approved - it cost him no money - and he was reliably told.....no more citizenship for westerners ....or .....you would at least have to be double jointed and be able to suck yourself off backwards.

This was circa 2015
Rated R for Ricecakes
User avatar
ricecakes
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 pm

ricecakes wrote:The last westerner I know to get a KHR passport got it by way of services to the country.He was awarded a medal or somesuch by the king.

He was however moving in lofty circles due to his job at the time and rubbing the right shouders also,

Ultimately it was the H family who approved - it cost him no money - and he was reliably told.....no more citizenship for westerners ....or .....you would at least have to be double jointed and be able to suck yourself off backwards.

This was circa 2015


You keep talking about that and I was wondering if you had a point, Ricecakes.

They, citizenship, was $50,000 to 150,000 ... depending, 6 months ago. Times and prices change, along with prakas.

And there are many ...................... possibilities.
I love bitches, n rehabilitate witches.
User avatar
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo
 
Posts: 9850
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 3:24 pm
Location: Bat Cave

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby Visser » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Last year it was pretty easy to obtain a Cambodian passport as a well known Dutch criminal got one by "investm,ent in the country" and now uses it to reside in Dubai.
From what I understand the guy never set foot on Cambodian soil.

http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Roger-Lips-koopt-Cambodjaans-paspoort-en-steekt-middelvinger-op-naar-de-fiscus-UPDATE-199316
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Visser
I Have Not Been Outside Today
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 am

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby Barang_doa_slae » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am

Visser wrote:Last year it was pretty easy to obtain a Cambodian passport as a well known Dutch criminal got one by "investm,ent in the country" and now uses it to reside in Dubai.
From what I understand the guy never set foot on Cambodian soil.

http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Roger-Lips-koopt-Cambodjaans-paspoort-en-steekt-middelvinger-op-naar-de-fiscus-UPDATE-199316


It must have cost him as they ask for a blank criminal record from country of origin.
Very sober these days...
User avatar
Barang_doa_slae
Runcible Chap
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:44 am

Previous

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, Alexdaland, dapda, Gentleman.Jack.Darby, newnewnewbie, ReasonstobefearfulP3 and 240 guests