buying cambodian nationality with name change

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: buying cambodian nationality with name change

Postby crazybuffalo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Just one word = Keep your money and your time.The real law here is the US$$$$$$.On the paper,the law is bla bla bla for naive people..
crazybuffalo
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby jackrossi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:37 pm

still a mess with the process of purchasing nationality, i have clients interested and now nobody seems to be clear on how to provide this service, quite annoying.
jackrossi
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week

Postby logos » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 pm

It's not something you can promise or even less deliver, even if you are very well connected. A high flying lawyer , despite his top connections working with HE immediate family lost the small fortune he'd paid (to a Secretary of state and a relative by marriage he thought he could trust) to get it for an Italian national running an ngo.

Eventually he had to refund his client as he was getting nowhere .. and he never got his $$ back. He was asked more and more until he decided to cut his losses and run. Total damage in excess of 50k. Those guys are unreliable and sharks to each other.
logos
WankPoodle

Postby Barang_doa_slae » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:43 am

logos wrote:It's not something you can promise or even less deliver, even if you are very well connected. A high flying lawyer , despite his top connections working with HE immediate family lost the small fortune he'd paid (to a Secretary of state and a relative by marriage he thought he could trust) to get it for an Italian national running an ngo.

Eventually he had to refund his client as he was getting nowhere .. and he never got his $$ back. He was asked more and more until he decided to cut his losses and run. Total damage in excess of 50k. Those guys are unreliable and sharks to each other.

You can bring logos advice to the bank.
Even when I did it my well connected lawyer was reluctant and only obliged as a personal favor.
Since then his office has turned down numerous requests.
Very sober these days...
Barang_doa_slae
Runcible Chap

Postby ricecakes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:23 pm

The last westerner I know to get a KHR passport got it by way of services to the country.He was awarded a medal or somesuch by the king.

He was however moving in lofty circles due to his job at the time and rubbing the right shouders also,

Ultimately it was the H family who approved - it cost him no money - and he was reliably told.....no more citizenship for westerners ....or .....you would at least have to be double jointed and be able to suck yourself off backwards.

This was circa 2015
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 pm

ricecakes wrote:The last westerner I know to get a KHR passport got it by way of services to the country.He was awarded a medal or somesuch by the king.

He was however moving in lofty circles due to his job at the time and rubbing the right shouders also,

Ultimately it was the H family who approved - it cost him no money - and he was reliably told.....no more citizenship for westerners ....or .....you would at least have to be double jointed and be able to suck yourself off backwards.

This was circa 2015

You keep talking about that and I was wondering if you had a point, Ricecakes.

They, citizenship, was $50,000 to 150,000 ... depending, 6 months ago. Times and prices change, along with prakas.

And there are many ...................... possibilities.
I love bitches, n rehabilitate witches.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby Visser » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Last year it was pretty easy to obtain a Cambodian passport as a well known Dutch criminal got one by "investm,ent in the country" and now uses it to reside in Dubai.
From what I understand the guy never set foot on Cambodian soil.

http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Roger-Lips-koopt-Cambodjaans-paspoort-en-steekt-middelvinger-op-naar-de-fiscus-UPDATE-199316
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Visser

Postby Barang_doa_slae » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am

Visser wrote:Last year it was pretty easy to obtain a Cambodian passport as a well known Dutch criminal got one by "investm,ent in the country" and now uses it to reside in Dubai.
From what I understand the guy never set foot on Cambodian soil.

http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Roger-Lips-koopt-Cambodjaans-paspoort-en-steekt-middelvinger-op-naar-de-fiscus-UPDATE-199316

It must have cost him as they ask for a blank criminal record from country of origin.
Very sober these days...
Barang_doa_slae
Runcible Chap

Postby jackrossi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:10 pm

logos wrote:It's not something you can promise or even less deliver, even if you are very well connected. A high flying lawyer , despite his top connections working with HE immediate family lost the small fortune he'd paid (to a Secretary of state and a relative by marriage he thought he could trust) to get it for an Italian national running an ngo.

thanks for the wise worlds, in the recent past i used to be able to provide this service to my clients reliably now my contacts have issues thus i have been looking to find a new reliable way to do it fast as I have a particularly affluent client from a war torn country that needs it desperately.
jackrossi

Postby Miguelito » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 pm

jackrossi wrote:

thanks for the wise worlds, in the recent past i used to be able to provide this service to my clients reliably now my contacts have issues thus i have been looking to find a new reliable way to do it fast as I have a particularly affluent client from a war torn country that needs it desperately.

There are many countries with easy CIPs - why must it be Cambodia for him?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby pedros » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 am

Miguelito wrote:
jackrossi wrote:

Maybe he really like Angkor Wat. A few thousand free visits to the chapels of Angkor would see his investment back in under 5 years.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Miguelito » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:39 am

pedros wrote:
Miguelito wrote:
jackrossi wrote:

Maybe he really like Angkor Wat. A few thousand free visits to the chapels of Angkor would see his investment back in under 5 years.

I did a quick calculation and figured that Cambodian citizenship would directly save me (or my company, rather), about $500 a year:

Work Permit: $100
Visa: $280
10-20 international trips a year, times $7 cash refund= $70 - $140

Edit: Plus some savings on visas for trips to other ASEAN countries that cost money otherwise.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby element_6 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:55 pm

ricecakes wrote:The last westerner I know to get a KHR passport got it by way of services to the country.He was awarded a medal or somesuch by the king.

This was circa 2015

I can confidently say with 100% certainty that westerners have received Khmer citizenship after 2015
element_6
5 minutes to kill

Postby element_6 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:58 pm

jackrossi wrote:thanks for the wise worlds, in the recent past i used to be able to provide this service to my clients reliably now my contacts have issues thus i have been looking to find a new reliable way to do it fast as I have a particularly affluent client from a war torn country that needs it desperately.

I have been told that the office handling this is not processing anything at the moment but they will relocate soon and restart after the elections. Not sure if it will be business as usual or a whole new way of working as have no insight in to that
element_6
5 minutes to kill

Postby ricecakes » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm

element_6 wrote:I can confidently say with 100% certainty that westerners have received Khmer citizenship after 2015

So how did you get yours ?
Are you a contortionist ?
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy