Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Re: Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Postby Playboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 am

ricecakes wrote:God fuck me dead can we have a K visa for legally married spouses please.
Some drunken Finn was telling me a couple of weeks ago that he had got a spousal visa for here, he lives here part time but works the other half of the year back home.

Yet the six visa agents I spoke to last month when getting my 2018 extension had no clue about it.
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby ricecakes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:31 am

I am calling bullshit on the finn.
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby epidemiks » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 am

ricecakes wrote:I am calling bullshit on the finn.

The internet says it's possible.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/281316815711078
Last edited by epidemiks on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epidemiks
I Love 440 More Than Real Life

Postby ricecakes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:48 am

all that gets you is a one year extension at the end of the first 12 months right ? or is the piss guzzling camel fucking kiwi saying you can do it every year ?

Like I said BRING ON A FUCKING K VISA FOR SPOUSES
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby walkjivefly » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 pm

ricecakes wrote:God fuck me dead can we have a K visa for legally married spouses please.

The guy I spoke with at DoI last week said he hopes there'll be one, one day. But obviously he has as much ability to deliver on that as all the Miss World candidates hoping for world peace.

epidemiks wrote:
ricecakes wrote:I am calling bullshit on the finn.

The internet says it's possible.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/281316815711078

The internet is full of shit.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and ...
walkjivefly
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:42 pm

EB EOS for foreigners who don't work in Cambodia, aren't eligible for the ER EOS, but are legally married to a Cambodian Citizen...all that's required is official Cambodian marriage certificate...12 months for $170 (or $180 now judging from Raendis post) directly from the DoI.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby logos » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 pm

The Finn 1
Ricecakes 0
logos
WankPoodle

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Buts it's not actually a dedicated spousal visa, anyone who says there is a spousal visa/has a spousal visa based on their marriage to a Cambodian is technically full of shit.

It could actually turn around and bite people in the ass, getting an EB based on marriage and not working therefore no WP, if they ever decide to work/open business in Cambodia Because they'll have to pay the retroactive WP fees.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi

Postby GMJS-440 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 pm

It is a terrible idea to open a company to use solely/mostly for the purpose of getting/maintaining a visa.

Firstly is the monthly tax compliance. you need to file monthly tax returns:
Tax on Salary & Fringe Benefit tax
Prepayment of Tax on Profit
Withholding tax
VAT

Annual compliance, patent tax and tax on profit (minimum tax) return requirements as well. Business license every 3 years.

The tax department really got on after foreigners not being paid enough in Cambodia as a means to evade taxes (We will pay you outside the Company and give you an extremely low salary in the Cambodia company), the tax man started deeming wages and calculating taxes off of the wage figure they came up with. Good luck appealing that without some expensive firm helping you.

And closing the company subjects you to the closing audit.

Technically I suppose it can be done, but why deal with the hassle and risk involved? And the expense of compliance makes it not worth it anyway.

Unless something has changed recently to make it easier.
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
Credit Jacked Camry & LTO
GMJS-440
A Moment of Clarity

Postby ricecakes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:48 am

PSD_Kiwi wrote:EB EOS for foreigners who don't work in Cambodia, aren't eligible for the ER EOS, but are legally married to a Cambodian Citizen...all that's required is official Cambodian marriage certificate...12 months for $170 (or $180 now judging from Raendis post) directly from the DoI.

I will only believe it when you have done it my good man. :pissed:

Sounds way too good to be true.
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby billythekid » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 am

Yes, Gentlemen, "spouses visa" exist, I have one of them for quite some years now. I retired 6 years ago here in Cambodia and have a yearly visa as "dependent" of my Khmer wife.
billythekid
I live above an internet cafe

Postby walkjivefly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am

Please tell us exactly what paperwork you submitted for the first one you got and for your most recent one, how old you are, how much you paid, where you applied, and what the first few characters of the visa number are.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and ...
walkjivefly
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:39 am

billythekid wrote:Yes, Gentlemen, "spouses visa" exist, I have one of them for quite some years now. I retired 6 years ago here in Cambodia and have a yearly visa as "dependent" of my Khmer wife.

What Visa Type, what code is stamped on the Visa EOS, I bet it's EB (as per my explanation above) or ER....if not, post a picture and prove us wrong.
PSD_Kiwi

Postby spitthedog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 am

ricecakes wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote:EB EOS for foreigners who don't work in Cambodia, aren't eligible for the ER EOS, but are legally married to a Cambodian Citizen...all that's required is official Cambodian marriage certificate...12 months for $170 (or $180 now judging from Raendis post) directly from the DoI.

I will only believe it when you have done it my good man. :pissed:

Sounds way too good to be true.

Hmmm,

Can't be right that the agents are making more than $100 per visa surely?
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby billythekid » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am

My visa in my passport used to be a BF.... and is the last 3 years a CF type. I was never involved in any paper-work (just signing), my Khmer wife does that for me. I live in Cambodia without a break for the last 19 years. How much is cost is none of your business, it sais "gratis". Who cares what type of visa it is as long as I have my peace and quiet.
billythekid
I live above an internet cafe

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Answers