• Advertisement
Giant Ibis

Can I get the business visa fory 4yo son

The room to discuss all aspects of travel in Cambodia be it simple questions in regards visas or exchanging ideas as to the best jungle paths for your next off-road trip.

Can I get the business visa fory 4yo son

Postby 1913 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:34 am

Thinking of moving with my wife and son to Cambodia for a year or so. Is it possible to just get the business visa for my 4yo son at the airport when we arrive? Or will they not allow that because he obviously has no business?
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Can I get the business visa fory 4yo son

Postby Lucky Lucan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am

They were free up till 12 years old till a couple of years back, it's also known as an ordinary or E-class visa and is the same one for any age.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Kampot Homesteader » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am

now for your child to get a 1 year E visa,you must either have a work permit and your EB visa yourself or have the retirement (ER) visa.
another option is to get a letter from his or her school on school letterhead and the headmasters signature/thumb and can get a 1 year student visa.
just went through this last month after getting his visa for 7 years.
Kampot Homesteader
I live above an internet cafe

Postby 1913 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am

Kampot Homesteader wrote:now for your child to get a 1 year E visa,you must either have a work permit and your EB visa yourself or have the retirement (ER) visa.
another option is to get a letter from his or her school on school letterhead and the headmasters signature/thumb and can get a 1 year student visa.
just went through this last month after getting his visa for 7 years.

Is it possible for me to get a work permit without working? If I'm not working and he's not going to school how can I get him a 1 year visa? I don't have enough money to bribe.

Postby Alexandra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:41 am

If you're not working then how will you support yourself and your family being here for a year, when as you say you "don't have enough money"? Why commit to staying for a year if you can't support yourself? If you're not working then you should not be on a visa type that requires you to work. What's wrong with EG extensions and visa runs twice a year?

Get a job, retire or be a tourist. I don't understand what you're having difficulties with.
Bless is no more
Alexandra
Penitus In Meus Brain , Universitas Tune

Postby 1913 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Alexandra wrote:If you're not working then how will you support yourself and your family being here for a year, when as you say you "don't have enough money"? Why commit to staying for a year if you can't support yourself? If you're not working then you should not be on a visa type that requires you to work. What's wrong with EG extensions and visa runs twice a year?

Get a job, retire or be a tourist. I don't understand what you're having difficulties with.

I have enough money to live as a tourist for a year. That used to be an easy thing to do in Cambodia. I guess things have changed. I don't have thousands of extra dollars to bribe an immigration officer.

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Yes...you can obtain an E-type (Ordinary) Visa On Arrival for your son (if you are all eligible). Same price as an adults, $35.

With regards to the EOS (extension of stay), your child will only be able to get one for the same length as yours, ie. if you get a 6 mth EOS your son gets a 6 mth EOS also. If you're not planning on working/operating a business or retired, then your options are pretty much limited to the 6 mth EG (General) EOS, in order to obtain subsequent EG EOS you need to make a border run once it expires and start again.

Minors (under 18) are eligible to obtain an ES (Student) EOS without the requirement to provide supporting documentation, however, as mentioned above, only for the same length as the parents' EOS.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Return to Travel