Thank God It's Friday

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

Re: Thank God It's Friday

Postby Jep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:42 am

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:
Jep wrote:NZ Bluff oysters are the best in the free world.

Oh no, they are not. Not even close.

Where did try NZ Bluff oysters Mister??
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:44 am

Adelaide.
I love bitches, n rehabilitate witches.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby Jep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 am

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:Adelaide.

Oh Yeah,..i remember you spent some time in Australia( not in prison).
Where the oysters fresh?
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:50 am

Jep wrote:

Where the oysters fresh?

Does it matter? Yes, they were on ice at the best hotel in town at the time.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby violet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Jep wrote:

Where the oysters fresh?

I missed this. I'm not sure what types of places I thought someone like you would be interested in, but I didn't think it was fine dining. Only because you hang out with Jamie. no offence to Jamie, but he has said he likes non Western places, and I'm assuming the best restaurant in town is Western, but Malis isn't, is it?
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:30 am

I just like good food. Whether prepared by a chef or not doesn’t matter. Preparation and seasoning. Some great cooks are not chefs, just better at what they do. I like fresh food.

Since I’ve met Jamie, once a year, he just likes familiar food. Ask him. He’s usually recovering from a night of grog and just likes a good laugh and chat. None of that … I was in the special forces and bla bla bla. He’s a good chap, and yer jumpin to conclusions. He’s up for a laugh, like.

batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby RainMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am

horace wrote:
RainMan wrote:
violet wrote:
RainMan wrote:Oysters and beer is only a sweat memory for me...number #1 on my gout list. Dam, life is cruel.

I don't see what all the fuss is with oysters. Give me a big old lobster any day.

No fuss, used to eat bags of oysters washed down with beer.
Now though while aging disgracefully, shellfish and beer is nearly a sure attack, people differ of course.

Beer no problem for me but shrimps n beef are my protagonists. However, as I ain't changing my eating n drinking habits, I have found that 100 mg of diclofinac and a double dose of colchicine 1mg as soon as an attack starts has an almost immediate effect, one or two hours, and no other doses are required. Once you have had gout attacks a number of times , you know when an attack starts.

I always get given allopurinal and colchicine in Asian chemists but also stop taking it when the attack is over. Haven't heard of diclofinac but will try that next. Allopurinal is very heavy on the kidneys, which is a ironic. :facepalm:
Never mind.
I'm not very smart...but I can lift heavy things.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby GMJS-440 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:32 am

Miguelito wrote:
GMJS-440 wrote:Big fan of Oysters, I like the meatier ones with a more mellow flavor like Blue Points. I tend to pair with a Pinot Grigio. Used to be my Sunday ritual to watch the football.

Fuck it, gonna need some Oysters now. Being I’m in south beach Miami today I better prepare to have my wallet raped.

Miami, eh? You should get some ceviche to boot. Check out La Mar, by one of my favorite chefs, Peruvian Gaston Acurio. He also has a great baked scallop (well he does in Lima anyways).

Did get my Oyster fix in over at LT in the Betsy hotel. I stayed at Nautilus, we spent an absurd amount of time in the pool. Cocktail service by poolside will do that to you. Racked up over $1k in incidental charges over 2 days as a result.
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
Credit Jacked Camry & LTO
GMJS-440
A Moment of Clarity

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:26 am

violet wrote:
Jep wrote:

Where the oysters fresh?

I missed this. I'm not sure what types of places I thought someone like you would be interested in, but I didn't think it was fine dining. Only because you hang out with Jamie. no offence to Jamie, but he has said he likes non Western places, and I'm assuming the best restaurant in town is Western, but Malis isn't, is it?

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:I just like good food. Whether prepared by a chef or not doesn’t matter. Preparation and seasoning. Some great cooks are not chefs, just better at what they do. I like fresh food.

Since I’ve met Jamie, once a year, he just likes familiar food. Ask him. He’s usually recovering from a night of grog and just likes a good laugh and chat. None of that … I was in the special forces and bla bla bla. He’s a good chap, and yer jumpin to conclusions. He’s up for a laugh, like.

haha yeah actually had pie/chips/beans and gravy the last time we met up didnt i hahah <3 :D the time before that was western food too :cheers2:

tbh i float about, sometimes i eat local others i crave a bit of western, often depends how hungry i am, western food takes too long to cook lol
Mean Dtuk Mean Trey, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks
Jamie_Lambo
Penitus In Meus Brain , Universitas Tune

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 am

And the PEAS!!! Do not forget the peas!!! If you wanna take Jamie out quick, just get a paintball gun and load peas. He'll run like a bat out of hell!

batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Previous

Return to Lifestyle