Retirement Visa for under 50s married to Khmer

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Retirement Visa for under 50s married to Khmer

Postby chilliwilli » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 pm

I have heard gents are getting ER visas issued out at the Ponchentong Immigration offices ( across the road ) with ease if they are legally married to Khmer women even if they are not over 55 etc. Basically as a surrogate "spouse visa ".

Can anyone confirm this ? And when I say confirm - have you done it ?

User avatar
I've got nothing better to do
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Retirement Visa for under 50s married to Khmer

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:02 pm

I know plenty who have obtained an "employment not permitted - WP not required" EB EOS based on their legal marriage to a Cambodian citizen...not ER though.

If you are under 55, do not work/earn an income in Cambodia, and can provide evidence of sufficient funds to support yourself, then you can easily obtain an ER EOS.

If you work/earn an income/own a business in Cambodia, you will still need an EB EOS and WP regardless of whether you are legally married or not.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
Internet Addiction: it is real
Posts: 4098
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Return to Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], charmdatereviewsjbe, Google Adsense [Bot], Johnsell50 and 37 guests