2 Foreigners Die in a Day

News articles related to Cambodia can be posted here, but remember to link back to the original source.

2 Foreigners Die in a Day

Postby Bong Burgundy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:42 pm

1: Unidentified white male

Phnom Penh: A body of a foreign male was pulled from the river near Preah Phatong pumping station in Sangkat Chey Chor, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh Municipal Court at 7.15am on Thursday.

According to local police reports, the body was not identified, but is a foreign national, male, about 50 years old.

Police said that before the incident, the fishermen went out to catch fish near the scene, and they saw the floating body

They dragged it by the river bank and then reported to the local police and competent police officers for examination.

Police decided the deceased foreigner died from drowning.

Warning- Graphic images

https://cne.wtf/2018/10/18/unidentified-foreign-male-pulled-out-of-river/

2. American Jordan Michael Rex

Phnom Penh: At 1:30 pm, October 18, 2018 in Saun Kosal 5, Sangkat Boeung Tumpun, Khan Mean Chey, a white male fell off his motorcycle suddenly and without warning. An ambulance was called but the victim was already dead.

Mr. Deng Sino, police chief of Meanchey district, said that the victim was identified as Jordan Michael Rex, a 52-year-old male from the United States who was living at a 120H house on 17Bet Street in Saum Kosal 5, Boeung Tumpun I commune, Meanchey district.

The preliminary cause of death was given as fainting, which made him fall from the motorcycle.

Warning, graphic images in source link

https://cne.wtf/2018/10/18/american-dies-in-boeung-tumpun/
Bringing the news a few hours or days before the other channel, or a few minutes after. You stay classy, nah, Cambodia.
Bong Burgundy
My Best Friend is my Computer

Re: 2 Foreigners Die in a Day

Postby Miguelito » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Phnom Penh: At 1:30 pm, October 18, 2018 in Saun Kosal 5, Sangkat Boeung Tumpun, Khan Mean Chey, a white male fell off his motorcycle suddenly and without warning. An ambulance was called but the victim was already dead.

Mr. Deng Sino, police chief of Meanchey district, said that the victim was identified as Jordan Michael Rex, a 52-year-old male from the United States who was living at a 120H house on 17Bet Street in Saum Kosal 5, Boeung Tumpun I commune, Meanchey district.

The preliminary cause of death was given as fainting, which made him fall from the motorcycle.

Warning, graphic images in source link

I watched some of that on FB live, and it was really strange where his body was, several meters (more than 3) from the Moto. He certainly didn't just faint and fall off of the moto.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Return to Cambodia in the News