Fly Phnom Penh - Trampoline Park

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Fly Phnom Penh - Trampoline Park

Postby slavedog » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:57 am

Has anyone been yet?

http://www.flyphnompenh.com/en

Thinking of taking the kids at the weekend / over the hols.
slavedog
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Re: Fly Phnom Penh - Trampoline Park

Postby Marvin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Haven't been yet but want to check it out....look forward to hear what it is like.
The only thing that's free in Cambodia is dust.
Marvin
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby dustytomes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 pm

It's good but not cheap - US$8.00 per session (one hour) at weekends and during national holidays. If you want a longer sesh best value is the day long ticket for US$16.00. You have to also buy socks with rubber grips on the sole at US$2.00 a pair unless you have your own already.

My kids loved it - staff friendly and helpful and it generally seemed safe.
dt
"Why bore you with my triumphs?"
dustytomes
5 minutes to kill

Postby slavedog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:16 am

Went yesterday, kids had a great time. Main negative is that it's hot as hell in there, no aircon. It didn't bother the kids but for me it was very uncomfortable. There's not really anywhere to sit in comfort the your kids play, very limited refreshments (no booze).

I think it was $6 for the kids, no problem with that but you pay for an hour session, sessions start and end on the hour, so if you arrive at 2.30 you can either pay full price for half an hour, or stand around and wait till 3pm, which seems silly to me. They should just make $6 for as long as you want - I doubt anyone would stay much longer than an hour anyway.
slavedog

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:47 am

What’s worse is when you arrive 2:30 you have to wait until 3 for your session to start but it’s not until 3:10 when the trainer is done with the obligatory “training” (telling you how the fuck to jump up and down) that you can start doing what you want.
Bless is no more
Alexandra
Penitus In Meus Brain , Universitas Tune

Postby slavedog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:10 am

Yes, they also also asked for my phone number and tried to make me fill out a form with all my personal info. Obviously I gave a false number and refused to fill out the form. Don't they know which country they're in?
slavedog

Postby v12 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Did go there today, with an 11yr boy and a 7y old girl. Both had a good time, though the younger one was a bit light for the trampoline stuff and somewhat bored due to the lack of "friends". The boy did have a super time and made friends with other kids. Complain of the girl: Nobody speak Khmer.

Indeed, a lot of white nose people and a lot of other non-Khmer Asians.

Access goes in hourly blocks, which is logical, since most people are there on 1 hour tickets and every hour at the top of the clock, the hall is cleared, etc.

It's hot in there. They do sell water and soda, though it costs a fortune, $1 for 0.5 litre and the small soda's $1.5. Expect to drink 1.5 litre in the hour waiting for the kids to be exhausted.

Access is $6 for up to1.20m and $8 otherwise.

The hour starts with an introduction by the trainers and some dedicated "fall-down" training for those seemingly needing that. Since most are exhausted after an hour, it would be suitable, when the access would be more flexible and longer then the exact 1 hour. There is an higher floor terrace overlooking the whole, with some comfy furniture.

The little pop fell asleep on the motobike, on the way home. From Toul Kork, it's a long way out.
Both want to go again.
v12
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby Lucky Lucan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:18 pm

v12 wrote:Indeed, a lot of white nose people and a lot of other non-Khmer Asians.

This is where learning English comes in. My kid speaks Khmer and English and never has a problem communicating with other children.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby the_purple_turtle » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:19 pm

I was going to set one of these up a year ago and had a money man (actually a local lady) fully on board. I decided it was too much work to potentially line the coffers of someone else. I wonder who owns it?

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk
the_purple_turtle

Postby dustytomes » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Can't remember the name but the guy running it is from Singapore - also opened one in Bangkok, I think he said it was called BOUNCE - https://www.bounceinc.co.th/#/.

It's unclear whether he actually owns them, a partner or just start-up manager...
dt
"Why bore you with my triumphs?"
dustytomes
5 minutes to kill

Postby v12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:27 pm

the_purple_turtle wrote:I was going to set one of these up a year ago and had a money man (actually a local lady) fully on board. I decided it was too much work to potentially line the coffers of someone else. I wonder who owns it?

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Looking at the whole of that location, I do have my doubts, whether this will be viable.

The trampoline business itself maybe, though given it is located at the very back of a whole complex, which is seemingly planned to be filled with similar initiatives, though still largely empty, I do think, it goes the same road as the Toul Sangke "New" container nightmarket, which closed some 6 months ago, after being completely deserted, without visitors, leaving a lot of small business owners shattered due to their failed investments.

Looking at shiny AEON2, that's crowded, so having suitable chances to survive. The freshly factory outfit is more for Western countries, where initiatives in these second purpose building environments are much more appreciated and encouraged. Cambodians seem to be associated with the shiny/glossy appearance and not with abandoned factories, associating with low-income life-styles.
v12
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby Marvin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:53 am

v12 wrote: Cambodians seem to be associated with the shiny/glossy appearance and not with abandoned factories, associating with low-income life-styles.

This is so true with just about every aspect of modern Khmer mindset now. They don't care as long as it keeps up appearances.
The only thing that's free in Cambodia is dust.
Marvin
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby rogerrabbit » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Went there on the weekend. Kids really liked the place. There was not that much people in morning. Maybe half local and half expats kids.

dustytomes wrote:It's good but not cheap - US$8.00 per session (one hour) at weekends and during national holidays. If you want a longer sesh best value is the day long ticket for US$16.00. You have to also buy socks with rubber grips on the sole at US$2.00 a pair unless you have your own already.

My kids loved it - staff friendly and helpful and it generally seemed safe.

If you book online (no need to pay online, just book) you can get 20% off. So weekend price starts from $4.8 and weekdays from $3.2 which I think is very reasonable price.

Edit: realised that you probably need the discount code and go through this site to get the discount. Discount seem to be only for december/january though https://cambodeals.com/en/brands/fly-phnom-penh/
Last edited by rogerrabbit on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rogerrabbit
I live above an internet cafe

Postby crazyjohn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 pm

In Cairns we have Jump Mania. Sixteen dollars an hour booked online, eighteen dollars otherwise. The kids love it. Tomorrow the eldest daughter walks there on the school trip, only a few minutes away. Like everything where I live.
crazyjohn
I've got internet at work

Postby slavedog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Took one of my boys to the one in Bangkok at the weekend. Perhaps 3 times bigger than the one here, all air conned, several extras included such as dodge ball area, climbing, etc etc, and best of all its in a shopping mall with cafes, shops etc so I didn't have to sit there bored and having a free sauna while waiting.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk
slavedog

Next

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy