Best visa fot long term stay

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Best visa fot long term stay

Postby Koppite2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi i am thinking of living in cambodia whats the best visa for long term stay i am living in thailand now but need a change i have been teaching here for 8 yrs and will be looking for work there so what is my best option for a visa
Koppite2010
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Best visa fot long term stay

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:33 pm

- E-type (Ordinary) Visa On Arrival, 1x passport pic, $35,valid for 1 month
- If you find a job within first 2-3 weeks, obtain an official stamped letter of employment from employer then submit this along with your passport to a visa agent and apply for the 12 month EB (Business) Extension of stay, appx. $280.
- You will then need to apply for a Work Permit at https://fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh/workers/register
- If you do not gain employment within your first few weeks, then you will need to apply for the EG (General) EOS, 1,3,6 month options available, no supporting documentation required. This EOS is specifically for people seeking employment or business opportunities. Once you gain employment, you will need to apply for the EB EOS and WP.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby YaTingPom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Koppite2010 wrote:Hi i am thinking of living in cambodia whats the best visa for long term stay i am living in thailand now but need a change i have been teaching here for 8 yrs and will be looking for work there so what is my best option for a visa

I hope you’re not an English teacher.
My grief councilor recently died.
Because she did such a good job I didn’t give a shit.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby Koppite2010 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Ok thanks for the information
Koppite2010

Postby BaldEd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:45 pm

I to am looking to spend a year to 15 months but without working. I understand i can get a E visa and extend for 6 months on first visit. After that its my understanding i would have do a visa run every 3 months because you can only get 6 months on first visit? Also if that's the case where is best for visa run from PP? Thanks
BaldEd

Return to Questions and Answers