Why People Keep Dying on Thai Roads

A place for threads about Cambodia's immediate South East Asian neighbours: Thailand, Vietnam, Lao PDR and Myanmar. News, views, stories, information and experiences and can shared here.

Why People Keep Dying on Thai Roads

Postby Miguelito » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Speaking of drink driving in another thread, CNN looks at Why people keep dying on Thailand's roads, the most lethal in Southeast Asia

In short, it was a very deadly Christmas-New Year's week, probably due to lots of drink driving and also lack of any enforcement of traffic laws. Last time I was driving around in Thailand I thought they were actually very conscientious drivers, getting out of the way if you were approaching quickly, abiding by lanes, etc.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Re: Why People Keep Dying on Thai Roads

Postby spitthedog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Found the Thai roads by far the sanest of the lot. Roads up to western standard, motorcycle lanes. Calm driving.

Not sure what they are like night time, and i reckon Thai's have some blow off steam times of year when its better not to go on the roads at all.

Vietnam drivers over doo it with the horns.

Laos drivers all look drive like they trained on tractors.

Indians drive like spasticated chimps on crack.
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby Barang_doa_slae » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Miguelito wrote:Speaking of drink driving in another thread, CNN looks at Why people keep dying on Thailand's roads, the most lethal in Southeast Asia

In short, it was a very deadly Christmas-New Year's week, probably due to lots of drink driving and also lack of any enforcement of traffic laws. Last time I was driving around in Thailand I thought they were actually very conscientious drivers, getting out of the way if you were approaching quickly, abiding by lanes, etc.

Was that when we were DUI ourselves or when fast lane drivers expertly signaling they saw us coming fast on their left? :mrgreen:
Time has come for a private ballers sub forum
Barang_doa_slae
Runcible Chap

Postby Miguelito » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Miguelito wrote:Speaking of drink driving in another thread, CNN looks at Why people keep dying on Thailand's roads, the most lethal in Southeast Asia

Was that when we were DUI ourselves or when fast lane drivers expertly signaling they saw us coming fast on their left? :mrgreen:

After you tricked me into signing $440,000 liability for your actions; before we rooftop bar-hopped around Bangkok.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Return to Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and Lao forums