• Advertisement
Khmeradz

Looking for Cambodian VHS movie

Post your buy and sell classified ads here for free, and on Khmer440's partner classified ad site designed expressly for the expat community, www.khmeradz.com

Looking for Cambodian VHS movie

Postby KhmerMovieFan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Hello dear readers

I search for the Cambodian movie called "My Mother Is Arb" (also known as: "Konm eak madia Arb|Kuon euy madai Ahp|Krasue Mom|Koun uhy madai Arb).

I'm looking for the original VHS video cassette (see picture) or DVD/VCD (not a Youtube or online version).
I'm willing to make a good payment for the original VHS cassette.

If you happen to have other Cambodian/Khmer language ghost movies for sale, please contact me, too! Thank you.
(I prefer OLD films/films made before the year 2000).

Best regards.

KhmerMovieFan
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Looking for Cambodian VHS movie

Postby Lucky Lucan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 pm

I've never seen a VHS player or tape here, the country was too poor back in the day for them to become popular, VCDs bypassed them. The climate here is not kind to tapes either so any from 20 years ago are unlikely to be playable. Somewhere like Bophana Center might have it in their archives.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Miguelito » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Check out the CD/DVD shop on Sihanouk (sorry I forget the cross street), or perhaps CD Word for the DVD.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby pedros » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Great film, not quite good as 'Arb wears a moto helmet', but up there.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
Meus Mens est 440

Postby KhmerMovieFan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 pm

Thank you for the replies.

The pictured VHS appears to be in very good shape, but as far as I know it was found in America.

I am not in Cambodia myself, so I can't check local places. A friend of mine visited Bophana Center in search for movies a few years ago and told me they don't have it though.
KhmerMovieFan
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby vladimir » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 am

Lucky Lucan wrote:I've never seen a VHS player or tape here, the country was too poor back in the day for them to become popular, VCDs bypassed them. The climate here is not kind to tapes either so any from 20 years ago are unlikely to be playable. Somewhere like Bophana Center might have it in their archives.

I bought a second hand VHS player at BKK market for $15 in 2004 or so, maybe left behind by an expat

There were blanks available from one or two places, but haven't seen any for years

I also saw a few machines in the road where all the second hand hifi shops used to be, parallel and west of Monivong, north of Kampuchea Krom, iirc

You could try contacting some of the radio/TV stations fro archives
“A nation is jolted by a revealing dress at a festival but is not infuriated by a million children sleeping rough and scavenging in trash bins for food,” Egyptian opinion writer Khaled Montaser
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Return to Buy and Sell