1. American "Taco" Bill Lafferty may have started this ATM-bashing trend according to this 2013 post by keeping_it_riel:
2. A drunk Brit named Paul Connor attacked an ATM in Kampot in late December 2015.Maybe it's time to take a wander down memory lane and look back at the history of Taco Bill, beginning with his first arrest, not long after arriving in Phnom Penh when running the eponymous 'Taco Bill' cafe at the Lakeside.
Beating up a female member of staff is a highly effective way of getting your business closed down and landing your arse in jail - as Bill learned.
Fast forward a couple of years to an incident at a riverside ATM after which a bruised and battered Bill claimed he'd been set upon by local security guards. The security camera tapes, however, told a different story as a drunken and abusive Bill was seen to launch a frenzied attack on a non functional ATM and then turn his violent attentions to the bank's night security guards who were eventually able to subdue the drunken oaf.
Add to this numerous episodes of squalid alcohol-fueled violence all over town for about a decade and it hardly makes for an edifying narrative. But according to Bill, it's never ever his fault and he's merely a put-upon victim of unfortunate circumstances.....
3. A shirtless barang rained blows upon an ATM in Sihanoukville in 2016.
4. Finn Hannah Sirkia was arrested for taking out her frustrations on an ATM in Kampot last week.
5. A Norwegian named Gisle Reikvam (or something like that) just got arrested today after smashing an ABA Bank ATM machine near Wat Phnom.
Let's keep this thread updated with new incidents, please let me know if I've left anything out.